Question AMD High Definition Audio Device - Code 10

Mar 3, 2021
AMD High Definition Audio Device (Code 10: This device cannot start. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.)

So I have been experiencing this for like a year now since I bought this graphics card. The graphics card is an ASUS RX 470 4GB Mining Edition (It only have a DVI output btw and I also use DVI to HDMI adaptor). I have already tried doing these fixes below but still no luck and I just wanna solve this problem once and for all. Advance thanks for anyone who will try to help me! :)
  • Uninstalling/ Reinstalling said driver
  • Deleting Upper/LowerFilters in Regedit
  • Disabling ULPS
  • Uninstalling other sound device to make sure only the AMD High Definition Audio Device remains.
Similar thread from reddit: AMD High Definition Audio Device (Code 10: This device cannot start. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.) : ComputerTech (reddit.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstalling the latest drivers manually after sourcing said drivers from AMD's support site? Might want to also see if your motherboard is pending any updates in the BIOS department. Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Reactions: cyrusnepo
Mar 3, 2021
Thanks for the warm welcome Lutfij! Regarding to the issue, yes I am always using DDU when uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. My motherboard's bios is up to date too because I just bought it like a month ago and it's the Asrock Steel Legend B450m and I am already experiencing this Code 10 issue from my last motherboard so the gpu is likely the main culprit. The model of my psu is the CoolerMaster GX 550W and it's 2 years old now.