AMD II Phenom x6 1090T 800 mhz HELP

King_30

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Hello there.. Ive upgraded my pc with this CPU.. Amd II phenom x6 1090T. Was tryin to play different games and had very low fps.. Core speed with stress test was always on 800 mhz.. After i changed something in bios called multiplier? Now im running constantly on 3000 mhz and check in game with 300 fps over.. The only question is.. Is it good to run always on 3000 without doing anything lol? "guess not" and how to prevent this? I want to play normally like i usually did..So what im asking is if someone could help me out... This is the picture after i used manual x15 http://prntscr.com/dv7sff runs always on 3000 mhz.. even if im doin nothing

Solution
I can confirm that the guy above me is correct and my assumptions were correct. Your mobo can only supply 95 watts while the Phenom ii x6 1090t requires 125 watts supplied to it from the mobo. I had the exact same problem. You will need to buy a new mobo that can supply 125 watts. Make sure you buy an AM3 socket mobo. AM3+ mobo's work too as AM3+ is backwards compatible with AM3 socket CPUs! Also, please go back to the old CPU you had until you get your new mobo as it is being underclocked to 800mhz to prevent damage to the mobo. Setting it to 3000mhz could fry your motherboard as it will not be able to keep up with the demands of the CPU. Best of luck!
huh. That is kind of odd.

What motherboard do you have? I think you should do a CMOS reset to clear out your UEFI settings that may be held over from your old chip.

The multiplier should go up and down on its own, you don't want to constantly have it high because it will burn energy needlessly. The 1090T, if i remember correctly, should be comfortable near 4GHz, and if you're lucky, should be comfortable as high as 4.3GHz.

King_30

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

Already did the reset but still 800 mhz if i dont multiply.. motherboard is n68 s3 ucc.. i really want to get over it.. im gettin too sad

OK lets start over with a bit of info.

The Base Clock for the 1090T is in fact, 200. SO, how are you at 800? Well, you see that when you leave it at factory settings - you are actually getting a x4 multiplier, correct? So you have 200x4=800. This is 100% normal and correct. On idle, you should be at 200x4. When you start a game, that multiplier should go up.

That is how Thuban works, Baseclock is 200, and the multiplier can go as high as 16, for a total of 3200. HEY! That is the same amount as the stock frequency, 3.2GHz.

Are you 100% certain, without a doubt, that when you start a game your multiplier doesn't jump up to 16 where it should be under load?

King_30

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Well.. when i go ingame im stuck at very low fps .. and also staying at 800 mhz.. the only thing i. Looking now are for the correct bios setup.. if you got anything that i could change to exact same settings i would appreciate it

Hm. It is really hard because i can't see the settings in your UEFI yah know? Maybe disable Intelligent Energy Saver, disable Cool n Quiet, do you see any other questionable settings that sound like they may be affecting your CPU performance?

King_30

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
The problem is im not that experienced with that.. so thats why im asking here.. it would be much easier to see the revommended settings and use them so i wont have any troubles

Unfortunately UEFI are very much proprietary, i can't really see what settings or options you have at all, and have no way of like, simulating it. :( Even if i gave you the settings from my rig, translating the settings over to your rig would be just as difficult. :(

I really wish there was a better way for us to help with UEFI/BIOS settings.

MarcoGamer640

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I had the same problem. My mobo could only supply 95 watts and the 1090t requires 125w. Check to see how many watts your mobo gives the CPU. If your mobo only supports up to 95w then you will need a new mobo. It runs at 800mhz to prevent damage to the board.

MarcoGamer640

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I can confirm that the guy above me is correct and my assumptions were correct. Your mobo can only supply 95 watts while the Phenom ii x6 1090t requires 125 watts supplied to it from the mobo. I had the exact same problem. You will need to buy a new mobo that can supply 125 watts. Make sure you buy an AM3 socket mobo. AM3+ mobo's work too as AM3+ is backwards compatible with AM3 socket CPUs! Also, please go back to the old CPU you had until you get your new mobo as it is being underclocked to 800mhz to prevent damage to the mobo. Setting it to 3000mhz could fry your motherboard as it will not be able to keep up with the demands of the CPU. Best of luck!

Solution

TRENDING THREADS