Status
Not open for further replies.

mathiasydethomasen

Reputable
Sep 1, 2018
Hello everyone :)

Just got my 6600 xt last week.. and im just extremely disappointed about amd image quality.. im a nvidia/intel fanboy and have been running intel/nvidia for the last 4 years.. now i have completely all amd system with freesync monitor.. and no matter what setting, all games just look too sharp.. giving everything rugged etches.. almost like no matter how much AA i use it just doesnt get better.. im used to smooth nice rounding/etches on my old gtx 1660s and this is just not giving me that.. its kinda sad because everything else about my new rig i am happy and thankful for.. but this just destroys my experience in the end.. might aswell just disable all AA and get the extra performance.. Because AA doesnt seem to do anything.. at all! :'(

Is this normal? just absolut S*** Filtering from amd's side, What can i do? am i the only one thinking this?

I just finished playing forza horizon 4 for a bit, and rage quitted because i just didnt get any satisfaction what so ever.. it just bugs me.. wtf? my new all AMD system for 1500$ cant even make the simpelest of games look GOOD?? i also feel like the colors is over saturated.. in forza and Kena: Bridge of spirits, i have been noticing this.. and cant find a solution in the game menu or radeon settings?. i Have reset my monitor alot of times and made sure im running the best possible settings for a nice quality.. but no..

it really sucks to have paid 630$ for my new card and no matter what i do, everything just look like throw up!!!..

I quit pc gaming 3-4 month ago and sold my rig because of almost the exact same reason.. come on man Nvidia/amd.. it just feels like small simple problems like this should and could be fixed easily.. but it doesnt.. i really get mad thinking about how long people have been using this same overall structure through 20-30 years with next to no innovation..

think about it.. the same old BOX next to you, your monitor, keyboard and mouse.. THATS IT! apparently we dont have the brain to come up with something more new and exiting.. UUOOH yes i know the LAPTOP, the all-in-one build's out there .. come on.. please .. Is that really the best the human species can assemble over the course of 30-40 years.. Its just getting really old in my head.. maybe im the only one. So be it.. i dont care.. you chimps chug along on your old stoneage/brink of dawn machines...

(Sorry, i just had to get that out of my systeam.. i think abput it everyday.. i think innovation in the PC industry has come to somewhat of a halt.. Dont mind me.. but i would like to hear your input on the image quality.. is it just how it's supposed to be? S***? or is there something im missing? or could do different..

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
That all sounds really implausible . . and kinda makes me think there's a inverted placebo effect going on.

That said, when you set AA, did you do it in the game itself, or in the driver? If you set it in the game, did you make sure in the driver when you changed settings to defer to the game's settings?

mathiasydethomasen

Reputable
Sep 1, 2018
I have an rx 5600 and doesn't have any issue.
what your full system spec? fresh os install?
what the monitor?

Asus b450-f Strix
Ryzen 3500x + Coolermaster 240mm AIO
kingston hyperx 16gb 3200mhz
asus rx 6600 xt strix
1000w be quiet PSU
500gb LITEON SSD

Monitor: Samsung C27F390 @72hz Freesync Enabled..

I alsp have d.o.c.p , AMD SAM, and AMD PBO=200 enabled in bios

mathiasydethomasen

Reputable
Sep 1, 2018
That all sounds really implausible . . and kinda makes me think there's a inverted placebo effect going on.

That said, when you set AA, did you do it in the game itself, or in the driver? If you set it in the game, did you make sure in the driver when you changed settings to defer to the game's settings?

i dunno,

Last edited:
i feel like AMD is the way to go if you need a system to scam people out off their money and get away with it.. uuohh yeah thats how its supposed to look.. (looks at freakishly teared up, over saturated, jagged textures image ingame..

it looks like something out of 2004 - 2006 tech

THE ALL NEW RX 6600 XT 8GB = Makes every game look like ROBLOX on low settings ;) yeehaaa

(FFFFF*) :(:(:(
I have been building PCs for years for friends, customers and family. I also own 5 PCs, 2 of which are cpu and GPU from AMD. I do not see the issues you mention, at all. In some cases they look better (than the Nvidia equivalent) even.

rgd1101

Don't
at this point. I think the OP is trolling.
not his first AMD

mathiasydethomasen

Reputable
Sep 1, 2018
at this point. I think the OP is trolling.
not his first AMD

i never said this was my first amd build..

And no! I am not ''TROLLING''

i will get you screens tomorrow if i havent given up on life completely by then..

mathiasydethomasen

Reputable
Sep 1, 2018
when the pics here are downsized i get the quality im used to.. nice rounded edges, especially on the leaves/foliage.. but see them at 1080, and you should hopefully see what i am seeing.. its especialy noticeble in pic#2 and #4 ..

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
i dunno, i almost just want to sell it off so im not the one sitting and thinking this is how good it gets and i just have to roll with it.. = wasnt really expecting that feeling of a 1500$ brand new technology system.. wow.. im just stunned actually,, what did i just use all my money on???

i miss my intel/nvidia build.. and if i ever get the chance again, im def choosing Intel/nvidia..

This just fells like a cheap rip off build of something that could've been great..

And no i havent been expirimenting og enabling/disabling driver aa.. and i dont see the reason to?? this should look absolutely great without tweaking the driver??

No, it's not "tweaking the driver" - in the driver, you can set various graphics settings, as you normally would in a game.

You can also do a global profile for all games, if you like.

But, the point is, you will have, in the driver, things like AA, VSync, etc. etc., which will have all the normal settings available to it, and then an additional setting called something like "use in-game setting"

Status
Not open for further replies.