[SOLVED] AMD integrated CPU'S less powerful

raknarius

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
About 6 years ago... i built a gaming system which worked out great.

I5-4440 3.1ghz 4 core cpu. 16gb of ddr3
all nice components like corsair power supply gold. modular.
2 ssd's. dvd. all packed in a mini itx cooler master case.

at the time i was only playing civilization but was playing to play other games.
i used integrated graphics for about 3 months then i bought

evga 780 gtx 8gb ram for about 500 bucks if i recall.

I enjoyed this system for six years without issue. gaming was great.

a week ago my video card bit the dust. Currently im only playing warframe, which i can play at low res, low settings on integrated graphics, but the system struggles when i have discord on or music playing etc.
So i new system build is in order, i plan to play more civilization 6, and star citizen / squadron 42 next year. as well as other games.

Now i know the new ryzen cpu is coming out, shortly, and the navi gpu. and since this offers pci express 4.0 as well as performance increases im planing to hold my build off for a few months to get this next gen stuff.
My plan was to get a cpu with integrated graphics to hold me over for second rev, navi gpu, so dont have to have stock coolers, so using the integrated gpu for a few months should work fine for me.

But then i noticed that last gen amd cpus with integrated graphics were slower then the ones without. Since im only going to use integrated graphics for a few months, i could just by a founders edition card and skip the integrated gpu. i do plan to by a 500ish card and have the money for it now. So what do you think. of course other options are just build a current intel or amd system with whats available now, or wait and see what intel may come out with in the next few months and nvidia as well. But over all the question is To go integrated graphics cpu or not. Now i would add, should i ever have issues, its nice to have a integrated graphics because you can rule out the video card quickly if you can run it with or without it.

Thanks all for reading, and any advice you can give. oh of last note, i plan to build matx or mini itx. if that matters.

Solution
There are several Ryzen CPUs, some slower than those with integrated graphics, and some faster. Take a look at the Desktop CPUs section vs the Desktop APUs section. Clearly, the Ryzen 3 2200g is a lower end chip with built-in graphics, whereas the Ryzen 5 2400g is more mid-range-ish. The Athlon 200GE/220GE/240GE are, of course, budget level chips.

Definitely, though, they are both slower than the Ryzen 7 series.

That said, when the 3000 series comes out, they will likely be faster still.

Maybe it'd be better to buy a cheap, used video card to hold you over until then?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
There are several Ryzen CPUs, some slower than those with integrated graphics, and some faster. Take a look at the Desktop CPUs section vs the Desktop APUs section. Clearly, the Ryzen 3 2200g is a lower end chip with built-in graphics, whereas the Ryzen 5 2400g is more mid-range-ish. The Athlon 200GE/220GE/240GE are, of course, budget level chips.

Definitely, though, they are both slower than the Ryzen 7 series.

That said, when the 3000 series comes out, they will likely be faster still.

Maybe it'd be better to buy a cheap, used video card to hold you over until then?

Solution
Currently im only playing warframe, which i can play at low res, low settings on integrated graphics, but the system struggles when i have discord on or music playing etc.
So i new system build is in order,
Network settings are screwing you over,look into qos settings and give more network priority to your background tasks so that discord or music doesn't starve for bandwidth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts