News AMD introduces Radeon Anti-Lag 2 with full integration for Counter-Strike 2 — the Nvidia Reflex alternative shouldn't trigger cheating bans this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2023
How soon before cheating software pretends to be Radeon Anti-Lag 2 or Nvidia Reflex to bypass anti-cheat detection?

That...isn't how either of those things work, my friend.

Edit: To clarify, to my knowledge most cheating software wouldn't bother trying to spoof anything. Kernel-level anticheat exists because kernel-level cheats exist, and those don't typically work by impersonating a friendly protocol or what-have-you.

Last edited:
Reactions: thisisaname

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
That...isn't how either of those things work, my friend.

Edit: To clarify, to my knowledge most cheating software wouldn't bother trying to spoof anything. Kernel-level anticheat exists because kernel-level cheats exist, and those don't typically work by impersonating a friendly protocol or what-have-you.
I do not know how they work only the first version was flagged as cheat software, was more just wondering if it was possible to do it.

Given that cheat and anti-cheat is a battle could it be possible work around anti-cheating software?

Nov 3, 2023
I do not know how they work only the first version was flagged as cheat software, was more just wondering if it was possible to do it.

Given that cheat and anti-cheat is a battle could it be possible work around anti-cheating software?

So, of course cheats can work around anticheats. It is a game of cat and mouse.

But the reason that the old Anti-Lag+ flagged anticheat was because it functioned akin to most fairly basic cheats. It was blatantly hooking onto applications as they ran to apply Anti-Lag+, but the game and their anticheats couldn't reasonably identify it as anything besides cheating— that's why engine-level integration is needed for Reflex or Anti-Lag 2. The old Anti-Lag can be applied to any game without issue since it doesn't hook applications in the same way, but is overall a much weaker solution than Reflex.

Reactions: thisisaname
Status
Not open for further replies.