News AMD Intros Ryzen 7000 Pro Mobile and Desktop Chips, AI Comes to Pro Series

D

Deleted member 2731765

I think AMD is also planning few Ryzen PRO 7030 models, as they are mentioned briefly in AMD's presentation as being available in some upcoming laptops.

D

Deleted member 2731765

..... and in-built Windows 11 features, AMD memory guard, Microsoft Pluton, and the AMD Secure processor.

Actually, the Ryzen PRO 7040 series also use AMD Shadow Stack to thwart control flow attacks.

PlutoDelic

Distinguished
May 31, 2005
Hmm, i remember randomly reading how the Ryzen Pro 6850 had Quad-Channel support, on a laptop.

Now if this Desktop variant has quad-channel memory, that would be my sweet spot of needs without going nuts in Threadripper territory and still game (with a penalty).

Chances for these comimg to non-oem however, are very low.

Jun 13, 2023
Hmm, i remember randomly reading how the Ryzen Pro 6850 had Quad-Channel support, on a laptop.

Now if this Desktop variant has quad-channel memory, that would be my sweet spot of needs without going nuts in Threadripper territory and still game (with a penalty).

Chances for these comimg to non-oem however, are very low.
So it is quad channel, ddr5-5600 x4 32-bit channels. But it's sort of a misnomer, as all ddr5 udimm/sodimm consist of 2 32-bit channels to keep SI clean. So it's still 128bits overall (same as ddr4) but organized differently and you can now have 128 banks open (4 channels x 2 tanks x 16 banks each for x8 devices), Instead of 64 banks (ddr4 1dpc). The sustained bandwidth is nearly double over ddr4 just due to the frequency increase, and power is much less. Hope this helps