[SOLVED] AMD : Is this a driver crash or should I redownload the .dll

green_salad

Commendable
Nov 24, 2018
Both times I had this incident occur it was right after the system booting. Pc freezes - turning caps lock on/off doesn't bring up the light on the keyboard - hard lock - forced restart. After that its working fine. I went to the "View reliability history" and saw that the moment the freezing happened the Radeon Software : Host application had stopped working and the Faulting module name is Qt5WebEngineCore.dll . I tried downloading the previous drivers - uninstalled previous ones with DDU and then installed the other ones. Didn't have the issue for around 15 days and it happened again today right after booting. I just want to know if AMD is at fault and I just need to wait for them to fix it with newer driver versions and there is nothing I can do , or maybe I can download again that .dll file - is it corrupted maybe?

Thanks in advance ( I can send picture of the error log but its in my language and it will be hard to understand , but if its needed I will check the english version of the log and translate it myself )

P.S. Since its driver related I hope posting it on graphics cards is considered the right thread.

Solution
Its more likely the AMD drivers, I would run DDU and perhaps run windows update to let it find drivers, rather than get them direct from AMD, see if the old drivers Microsoft have are any more stable.

Latest posts