News AMD Launches Milan-X With 3D V-Cache, EPYC 7773X With 768MB L3 Cache for $8,800

Good to know these are baking well. Gives me hope on what to expect out of the 5800X3D part. I'm still not that thrilled with it, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Also, a 1K jump in price for about 50% extra performance on top dog CPUs is not bad. Even when Companies scoff a those price increases, I think it's good AMD is not trying to milk them dry right off the bat. Specially when these are direct replacements of Milan CPUs/SoCs, which were already direct replacements from their predecessors (IIRC). A good value proposition for HPE. Maybe?

Anyway, good on AMD. I just hope they don't go full stupid.

Regards.

Reactions: artk2219

artk2219

Distinguished
Good to know these are baking well. Gives me hope on what to expect out of the 5800X3D part. I'm still not that thrilled with it, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Also, a 1K jump in price for about 50% extra performance on top dog CPUs is not bad. Even when Companies scoff a those price increases, I think it's good AMD is not trying to milk them dry right off the bat. Specially when these are direct replacements of Milan CPUs/SoCs, which were already direct replacements from their predecessors (IIRC). A good value proposition for HPE. Maybe?

Anyway, good on AMD. I just hope they don't go full stupid.

Regards.

Keep in mind that extra 1K is tray pricing, OEM's may get it for significantly less in volume, it still doesnt mean they wont ty to pass that increase off to the consumer though :LOL:.