AMD Launches Rewards Program for Gaming Evolved App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowviper

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
No not toms also!!Right now a lot of tech and gaming sites/magazines are reporting on AMD's Reward Program launch from yesterday.Most are missing the fact that this program was released to a limited few of us in December-http://raptr.com/sorako18/news/52b374db1de88442fe/amd-gaming-evolved-app-release-notes-preview-the-loyalty-program-12-19-13They then committed fraud/lied to us here-http://raptr.com/sorako18/news/52e6ff5183eb17b697/rewards-points-and-store-beta-updateand here:http://raptr.com/sorako18/news/52f5874964a58db341/amd-rewards-details-on-reward-points-and-new-ways-to-earnNotice how the original launch is called a Soft Launch and clearly shows the offer made and what was needed to achieve the earnings and rewards. They second two links they are trying to confuse people by now calling it a BETA, the raptr application was stated to be in a beta and still is in Beta, but the rewards program was not launched as a beta back in December again refer to the first link.The second link even shows that they were aware of issues, and instead of stopping the program and making their adjustments they choose to allow the program to run longer having users spend up to 6 hours a day using their app with full intent of changing the terms to a huge advantage to themselves, fraud. This also happed 1 week before the store even opened denying us the chance to spend the points we earned in the original offer before they deducted us those points.In many threads raptr employees tell the community that it was a beta and compare that to how MMO's run their beta's saying how they could of deleted all the points and we should be glad we kept some.They also in that last link state that this was not AMD, yet the first link and everywhere on the web its listed as AMD's Program.I don't know what's more upsetting that companies can treat their consumers this way, or that gamers take the lies and thank them replying "its better than nothing".A lot of people outside the gaming community look down on us believing we waste brain cells playing games, this just supports those beliefs.Please tom's you have always been a great and accurate source of information, look into this deeper and report it accurately to the many users of your site. I am not an active poster in your community but I have for nearly a decade been using this site as a basis for tech information, including the recommendations used in your "BEST XXX for the Money" articles which always seem to be fair and accurate. I have recommended this site to thousands of people because of the accurate information that has always been provided. Please I beg of you do not promote this program with out knowing everything going on within the community, guiding many to this deceptive program.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Could definitely restructure as its a bit hard to follow. Raptr is a partner of AMD, its not run by AMD. With that said it doesn't change the fact of what happened. Although I can see where it sucks, I'm unsure if they guaranteed those points during the Limited user phase (Closed BETA in layman's terms). Someone must be looking through the EULA to verify if anyone was guaranteed those points.

Shadowviper

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
Sorry tried adding breaks to that but it came out as a giant block.Actually a closed beta is used for specifically finding faults/bugs, aka is the program rewarding such points, is things working as intended. A Soft launch is an early staged launch to a limited group and not to the whole, in this case to some AMD users with out all the press involved. One reason this is done is to help fine tune a program and lessen the impact if any mistakes were made, not avoid the impact.Here are the terms set by them back in December:http://raptr.com/sorako18/news/52b374db1de88442fe/amd-gaming-evolved-app-release-notes-preview-the-loyalty-program-12-19-13

It irritates me to fire up Skyrim and see raptor at the end of the game play thank me for playing for 8.5 hours and Steam has recorded 145 hours of game play. I get it that I installed raptr after the fact I began the game play but for gamers like me that have weeks of game play already logged feel a bit shorted.

boogien8

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Get raptr and get screwed. You will never be able to afford any hardware the way its set up right now. Your best bet is trying to win it by buying a ticket to the lottery LOL This program is the embodiment of lead by carrots, good luck getting the prize. Sure its free, but still. The hardware will be out of style by the time you can afford to buy it. It's also not retroactive, meaning if you played a game for 100 hours and install Raptr, those hours will not count.

Status
Not open for further replies.