News AMD launches Ryzen 5 7600X3D: Microcenter exclusive six-core Zen 4 CPU with game-boosting 3D V-Cache

Dec 20, 2023
AMD again making another chip out of reach for Canadian consumers. Why do they feel the need to lock a chip to a region? Is it some special tech that they do not want Canada to have? AMD you need to do better at making budget items more accessible to the Canadian market. As an AMD user, this is disappointing.

AMD again making another chip out of reach for Canadian consumers. Why do they feel the need to lock a chip to a region? Is it some special tech that they do not want Canada to have? AMD you need to do better at making budget items more accessible to the Canadian market. As an AMD user, this is disappointing.
Not only Canadian. Same here in Ireland (Europe). I always envy the deals/tech in the US. that you can't get elsewhere. As an island country, we pay more for everything. Although our tax/vat is included in pricing. Your tax isn't, is that right?

Reactions: iLoveThe80s

DingusDog

Commendable
Apr 12, 2022
Even in the US most people are nowhere near a Microcenter so it's essentially locked to certain cities. I'm not traveling 6-8 hours to visit one of their locations.

jlake3

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2014
This might be as much MicroCenter’s doing as AMD’s. They’re famous/infamous for using sub-MSRP CPU pricing with the restriction of “In-store only, 1 per household per 30 day period at this price” to drive foot traffic in their stores, and they cut a deal with AMD in the past to make an exclusive in the past that was basically a low-volume salvage yield. I believe they only did one run of those where they essentially just bought out AMD’s stockpiled rejects and paid up front for all the inventory, and when it sold through it was gone.

Not only Canadian. Same here in Ireland (Europe). I always envy the deals/tech in the US. that you can't get elsewhere. As an island country, we pay more for everything. Although our tax/vat is included in pricing. Your tax isn't, is that right?
Sales tax is almost never included in advertised US prices, as it varies by state and county. It’s (almost) always calculated at the register.

Will have two mcd? One bad and one way worse? Why someone want that? This is a premium junk
One CCD would be the logical configuration, since AMD hasn’t done an X3D with Vcache split across multiple dies. And the appeal would be an improvement to cache-sensitive gaming performance at a lower price.