AMD Makes Fun of Nvidia Fermi's Hotness

Status
Not open for further replies.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
In my opinion a bit low. But certainly this will be funny to those who know what they're talking about..... :)

"I bet we're gonna see something green."
&
"Fermi again. It's the third time this week."

Are the best lines. OMG! High power draw! Blazing temps! It's a nucula..... Oh it's Fermi. :D

tubers

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
I think the GTX 460 remedied that power issue a bit. Good price/performance ratio as well.

I cannot exactly defend Nvidia since Fermi GF100 came out several months late and is considerably more inefficient.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I love it! =D AMD/ATI all the way...

I was tempted on getting NVIDIA, just so I can make some marshmallows while playing Crysis Warhead

G

Anyone notice that as the SWAT Team is raiding the Gaming Room that the Monitor is showing the Raid in progress as it's happening? :D

ares1214

Splendid
I doubt Nvidia will strike back, they dont have much to pick on with ATI this round. All they can do is brag they have the fastest cards and better tess. performance. Maybe they can make fun of the size of the ATI cards.

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
AMD must be worried! If the past is any indication, these "all in good fun" strategies are usually pulled out as a last resort. I got a GTX460 and it's neither hot, slow or expensive - so...I guess AMD's petty attempt at "fun" is a little out of touch with reality.

fulger

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
I am using nvidia from my first pc and never got a problem then i decide to buy ati (5870) i had to change 3 cards and the 4 card had artefacts so i waited like 3 moths and i change my card with 2 gtx 470 in sli not a single problem and the temperature not a problem i got the first card at 80% fan speed and the second at 70% and the themperatures never go uper then 80c(close case)so that's my experience with ati cards (i will never buy a ati card again)

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
This is kind of meh, I guess it would have been more fun half a year ago, but now with the GTX 460 kicking butt, especially in SLI.. is that maybe why
AMD feels the need to draw attention to the first gen of the 400 series?

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I am looking forward to this holiday season's epic graphic battle. AMD/ATI is going to release the HD 6000 series and Nvidia is going to revamp the Fermi line up (higher clock speed and core configuration akin to GF104?)

Sabiancym

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
Most people who watch the video won't have a clue that they were making fun of the heat coming off the cards. But I guess only people who would know are the ones watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS