AMD Makes Fun of Nvidia Fermi's Hotness

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomtrooper

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
this video is horribly made. bad advertising all the way around. do they put this kind of quality effort into the graphics cards as well? if so, there is no way i'd buy one. its also low as several others mentioned.

boxter987

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Wow what jokes. Anyone with half a brain should realize that fermi's heat is easily countered by a custom fan profile. My GTX470 with slightly upped voltage (@790/1580/1900/1.025v) maxes out BFBC2 highest settings at 60fps, and doesn't reach above 67C on air. My brothers eadeon hd4850 hits 80C EASY. Mine is faster and cooler. Fermi is not a heat monster as it is said to be.

juliom

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]boxter987[/nom]Wow what jokes. Anyone with half a brain should realize that fermi's heat is easily countered by a custom fan profile. My GTX470 with slightly upped voltage (@790/1580/1900/1.025v) maxes out BFBC2 highest settings at 60fps, and doesn't reach above 67C on air. My brothers eadeon hd4850 hits 80C EASY. Mine is faster and cooler. Fermi is not a heat monster as it is said to be.[/citation]

Your brother's card is 2 year old and probably has a single slot cooler... Are you looking for miracles?

lavey

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
[citation][nom]gwolfman[/nom]LOL, the middle finger on the cup. haha[/citation]

Hahaha... I noticed it too when I watched the video again since I was wondering why was drinking from a cup took sometime and then I saw the middle finger. Classic!

antixbaby

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
Don't you mean the current generation that comprises the majority of their cards currently for sale? Or are they only selling 460s now?

[citation][nom]lothdk[/nom]This is kind of meh, I guess it would have been more fun half a year ago, but now with the GTX 460 kicking butt, especially in SLI.. is that maybe why AMD feels the need to draw attention to the first gen of the 400 series?[/citation]

boxter987

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
[citation][nom]juliom[/nom]Your brother's card is 2 year old and probably has a single slot cooler... Are you looking for miracles?[/citation]

Cute, but you missed the entire point. Fermi isn't as much of a nuclear reactor as thought by douchebag reviewers who leave the fan on stock profile (40% fan vs 75%+ makes a big difference kids)

zogglet

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Fantastic - brilliant. Yes, a bit low... but low-blows are only "low" because they bring attention to something incontrovertible.

zogglet

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
[citation][nom]boxter987[/nom]Cute, but you missed the entire point. Fermi isn't as much of a nuclear reactor as thought by douchebag reviewers who leave the fan on stock profile (40% fan vs 75%+ makes a big difference kids)[/citation]

While this is true, the majority of buyers aren't going to want to switch out its stock cooler from the get-go. I honestly don't think one should have to if it's not necessary (as long as the rest of the rig accommodates for it).

silicondoc

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
Now ati is TROLLING with their very own fanboi video.

It's a PERFECT MATCH for the never shut down ranting, raving, insane red rooster rampage loons of the net.

If nvidia did this, it would be banned everywhere as trolling and the hate filled red roosters would screech and scream the evil company is a troll.

Instead, it's smart aleck land as usual for the lying red roosters.

Not a single red rooster can face that reality, they will lie to themselves and everyone else, and embrace completely their company brand video troller, ati.

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010

By saying "they", does that means you're nVidia's fanboy, fanboy? :pfff:

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]blevsta[/nom]I think you're crazy. You just about need dual videocards to support that type of resolution anyways. So using 2 Nvidia cards in SLI makes sense.ATI needs to work on their support for multiple cards. Right now you have to connect all monitors to the primary card, which means you must use display port for one connection. Also, in order to drive 6 monitors you have to buy a Eyefinity 6 card.I'd say both multi-monitor setups have their pro's and cons. I'd give the edge to Nvidias solution right now because I'm willing to bet more people have dual video cards than display port monitors.[/citation]

not to call you stupid, but i think that most people who consider eyefinity seriously aren't using it for games, its people who need 3 monitors for there multitasking.

now asking them, who use desktop apps, and not games in eyefinity, to get 2 cards, is a bit much.

DXcellence718

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
LOl you know whats funny i have yet to hear someone report an RMA about overheat killing on any fermi card, i guess they really were made to handle the heat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.