[AMD] Making a custom fan control for certain temperatures/GPU clock

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
Hello everyone,
As you can see in the title, I am looking for a way to make the gpu fan spin faster when it reaches a higher degree, which may sound simple ... but I do not have this option in the Global OverDrive. I have the option to put the gpu fan speed to auto BUT when it's on auto the fan speed reaches maximum 30% usage while the temperature is 85-90 degrees .... and I have the option to manually increase the fan speed ... but I have to change fan speed everytime I start a game and change it back when I don't play a game .... this is very annoying. I am looking for an option where when I play the fans spin faster (automatically) and when I don't game ... the fan spins slower(automatically)

Solution
The only way to make your GPU behave a certain way without involving software is to mess around with its bios, which is not recommended for beginners.
Using MSI Afterburner is much easier. Open MSI Afterburner > setting > fan, adjust the custom fan curve to your liking. Then check "apply overclocking on system startup".

kapitana0

Commendable
Jan 11, 2017
OK ... so I downloaded msi afterburner and did manage to make the fan speed increase for certain temperatures .... I am kinda satisfied with this ... but I would appreciate if someone knows and tells me a way to do it without relying on another software

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
The only way to make your GPU behave a certain way without involving software is to mess around with its bios, which is not recommended for beginners.
Using MSI Afterburner is much easier. Open MSI Afterburner > setting > fan, adjust the custom fan curve to your liking. Then check "apply overclocking on system startup".

Solution