[SOLVED] AMD motherboard driver vs. Manufacturer's

nbartolo7

Honorable
Sep 4, 2017
Any difference / advantage in downloading latest BIOS driver from motherboard manufacturer vs. AMD's own AMD driver for AM4 motherboards found here?

Thanks

Solution
Any difference / advantage in downloading latest BIOS driver from motherboard manufacturer vs. AMD's own AMD driver for AM4 motherboards found here?

Thanks
If you are talking about CHIPSET drivers at AMD site they are usually newer but MB manufacturers may introduce some changes and/or enhancements for particular MB or it's BIOS.
I was building a Ryzen build for my friend last week.

The CHIPSET drivers on the motherboard website had the AMD GPU drivers included in it and I was not able to just skip it. The build had an Nvidia card. This was very weird. Why would they include the GPU drivers in the chipset drivers? Don't ask me. It's stupid.

I downloaded the one at AMD's website.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I was building a Ryzen build for my friend last week.

The CHIPSET drivers on the motherboard website had the AMD GPU drivers included in it and I was not able to just skip it. The build had an Nvidia card. This was very weird. Why would they include the GPU drivers in the chipset drivers? Don't ask me. It's stupid.

I downloaded the one at AMD's website.
Probably for the iGPU in the APUs the board accepts. That is normal. It would not affect you either way. The drivers would only be loaded at boot if there was a device that needed them.

Probably for the iGPU in the APUs the board accepts. That is normal. It would not affect you either way. The drivers would only be loaded at boot if there was a device that needed them.

Yeah I wasn't sure at all so I did not click "Next". The AMD's website chipset drivers was newer so I took them instead.

Thanks for letting me know. Next time I build a Ryzen system I will know that installing that drivers won't give any issues. The information was lacking on the motherboard website. Said "AMD Graphics Driver." If it was "Integrated graphics drivers" I would have known.

Later! :D

Yeah I wasn't sure at all so I did not click "Next". The AMD's website chipset drivers was newer so I took them instead.

Thanks for letting me know. Next time I build a Ryzen system I will know that installing that drivers won't give any issues. The information was lacking on the motherboard website. Said "AMD Graphics Driver." If it was "Integrated graphics drivers" I would have known.

Later! :D
There are AMD APU processors that have AMD graphics.

It's not going to install driver for a part that doesn't exist. Drivers are just part of whole package.

It actually install files if you click next. Even if you do not have an APU the files will still be there on your drive.

Anyway I think we are talking for nothing. Like you said it's part of the package. I'm the stupid one here who thought it was for an actual GPU and not the integrated in the 5 minutes I was wondering while installing the package. Next time I won't hesitate you can be sure. :)