Question AMD Motherboard voltage is changing a lot

Apr 17, 2020
Hello! Thanks for the help in advance, my problem goes as follows.

My specs:
  • CPU: AMD FX-8350
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R9 285
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
  • PSU: Corsair 750 Watts
  • RAM: 16 GB Kingston Fury

(Yes, I know it's old, but it's my work horse haha)

During the last week, I've had some random PC freezes, no BSOD or black screen, nothing, just plain freeze, and also I haven't done any overclocking on the system. I started trying to diagnose the problem, removing all the expansion cards and drives, applying new thermal paste to the CPU, taking out all RAM DIMMs and adding one at a time, but it sometimes even froze inside the BIOS, so I think it is related to the motherboard but I cannot completly pin it to that component because sometimes the PC just workes fine for a long time, even on games so there is no heating problem (as far as I can tell). So the next step was to try to diagnose the motherboard but as my research told me, there is no 'real' way to test the motherboard from software, so I decided to try to find a pattern monitoring the voltages provided in OpenHardwareMonitor, and nothing looked wierd except for a voltage that is not stable, it hitted a minimum of 0.9 V and a max of 1.3 V during my monitoring, also monitoring software from Asus (the manufacturer of my motherboard) even threw some alarms that said that VCore hitted 0 V, could this mean that one of more phases of the motherboard is failing? All other voltages shown on OpenHardwareMonitor are stable with very little fluctuation.

Screen shot of OpenHardwareMonitor: https://imgur.com/a/1Je3TpO

Any help is welcome, thanks!

Apr 17, 2020
Hello! A little update, just a few minutes ago I had a weird behaviour, the PC started acting like it was going to freeze, the audio was weird, the keyboard and mouse were slow, and then nothing, it continued working as usual but both the mouse and keyboard stopped working, I had to plug them to the front panel to get them working again.

Screen shot of OpenHarwareMonitor during the problem: View: https://imgur.com/a/wKEGXWq

Thanks!