[SOLVED] AMD Motherboards- more susceptible to voltage shocks?

Jul 6, 2019
I'm living in a small town where power supply(AC) is irregular and voltage fluctuations as well as lightning shock are very common. Local computer repair technician has once told me that in our town, AMD motherboards and processors don't last very long due to the faulty power supply. He recommended me against buying them as he said he recieved mostly shock damaged amd components compared to intels.
My question is, has anyone any experinece to confirm such, is it really possible that AMD components are more suspectible to power shock damage?
I am keen on building AMD powered pc.

Solution
IDK about that. I live in a desert and the power is not the best and my AMD has been running for 10 years.
far more important than the AMD/Intel choice is the choice of PSU.
is the repairman selling the same PSU with both AMD and Intel? did the AMD system have crap supplies installed to save money?
there are far too many variables to reliably say its the build quality of AMD vs intel.

a quality power supply will stop damage from reaching the system, throwing itself on the grenade so to speak.
a quality power supply and an adequate UPS are all you need for any computer, AMD/Intel/Raspberry pi/casio or timex all need reliable power.
D

Deleted member 14196

AMD motherboards have nothing to do with the power supply that you use. your technician sounds like a retard and I would never go there. This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. You can always buy quality power supplies and good quality surge suppressors

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
IDK about that. I live in a desert and the power is not the best and my AMD has been running for 10 years.
far more important than the AMD/Intel choice is the choice of PSU.
is the repairman selling the same PSU with both AMD and Intel? did the AMD system have crap supplies installed to save money?
there are far too many variables to reliably say its the build quality of AMD vs intel.

a quality power supply will stop damage from reaching the system, throwing itself on the grenade so to speak.
a quality power supply and an adequate UPS are all you need for any computer, AMD/Intel/Raspberry pi/casio or timex all need reliable power.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

My advice is to stay far away from that technician and forget everything they’ve said. Never go to that shop again