Discussion AMD NAVI RX 5700 XT's picture and SPECS leaked *off topic*

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Hello,

You may or may not be aware of this, but Videocardz has just leaked some SPECS and info on the AMD's upcoming NAVI GPU.

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT features 40 Compute Units (2560 stream processors). The Navi GPU is clocked at 1605 MHz in base mode, 1755 MHz in Game Mode and 1905 MHz in boost mode. Of course, the new addition here is the Game Clock.

With the said boost clock, AMD expects a maximum of 9.75 TFLOPs of single-precision compute from the Radeon RX 5700 XT. The card is also confirmed to feature 8 GB of GDDR6 memory that should run across a 256-bit wide bus interface

The card is confirmed to feature 8GB of GDDR6 memory. The memory bus width, memory clock, pricing, and availability date were not available at the time of writing.

https://videocardz.com/80966/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-picture-and-specs-leaked

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-7nm-navi-gpu-rdna-specs-leak-8-gb-2560-cores/

Last edited:
Reactions: MrN1ce9uy
For all the downsides of a dual GPU behemoth, I have to say they're still cool pieces of engineering.

If AMD decides, for whatever reason, make a dual Vega II monster for the consumer market (keep in mind they made one for Apple), I do believe it would perform quite decently. Well, when it works, haha. Would it make sense economically? Hardly. Have any of the dual GPUs from before made real sense? Hell no XD

Given the power envelope of the Navi siblings, maybe a dual Navi would be interesting to see if only for an exercise in excess and showing off.

Cheers!

dual Navi might be interesting. and in the past AMD also give board partner the freedom to make their own dual card. if multi GPU support are not as bad as it is right now i'm sure some board partner will end up making their own dual GPU based on Navi.

So AMD bow to the pressure and cut their price after announcing them earlier. This is another difference between amd and nvidia. when amd try to ninja nvidia launch nvidia just ignore them. Remember what happen with 1050ti? Nvidia announced 1050ti MSRP for $150 then AMD drop RX470 price to $170. Nvidia did nothing to revise their 1050ti pricing. Board partner might not like nvidia restrictions (like what nvidia try to do with GPP) but they still like the fact they can sell and charge more with nvidia just because of nvidia branding alone. Asus is one that often go crazy with their nvidia pricing. Even when amd drop RX 470 price down to $170 they still confidently ask $180 for their 1050ti strix. And when other board partner try not compete with nvidia FE pricing (even for some factory overclocked model) Asus put all their strix model above FE pricing like those $320 GTX1060 Strix which is one of the most expensive 1060 at launch.

CPU market just get more intresting with Ryzen. But it seems AMD did not want to make similar effort on GPU front. Maybe things will get more interesting once intel join the fray next year.

Also AMD should let board partner have access to navi much earlier so they can launch custom card from the get go. They already solve some of the issue with pricing but not having custom card at launch might sway some buyer towards nvidia solution especially those without brand loyalty (which is majority of buyer out there).

So AMD bow to the pressure and cut their price after announcing them earlier. This is another difference between amd and nvidia. when amd try to ninja nvidia launch nvidia just ignore them.

But it seems AMD did not want to make similar effort on GPU front

What are you smoking?
AMD planned this a long time ago so nothing was Ninja'd. Nvidia has panicked, just like Intel does.
AMD had their plan, and now they have had to change their plan and they have changed it for the better. It's better because of the leaked GPU's so far show it doing great at games at less than what Nvidia charge.

As for AMD not making similar effort, I guess you don't understand the concept of designing a complex gpu.

What are you smoking?
AMD planned this a long time ago so nothing was Ninja'd. Nvidia has panicked, just like Intel does.
AMD had their plan, and now they have had to change their plan and they have changed it for the better. It's better because of the leaked GPU's so far show it doing great at games at less than what Nvidia charge.

As for AMD not making similar effort, I guess you don't understand the concept of designing a complex gpu.

nvidia panic? don't joke about that. the one that asking for mercy is AMD not nvidia. AMD need to be very careful with what they do. they cannot afford it if nvidia going into all out war mode. what AMD want is for nvidia to do exactly like intel did years ago and start gaining ground from there. but the problem is nvidia is not like intel at all. competitor have no product that can compete with us? fine we will release even faster product to the market. you might think AMD changed their plan for the better when they cut the price for those Navi but that is exactly what nvidia want to happen.

Neither side has panicked. Chill out. They are playing pricing market chess with each other. Nvidia moved a piece that and had to counter move.

That said based on the Navi transistor count and 2070 super Nvidia transistor count, AMD has only a slight advantage based on cost per transistor @ given node size. So they do have more room to wiggle prices but not a lot.

I'm a little concerned about the blower and lack of over clocking in the posted review. Overclocking a card should be one of the easiest things to do in a driver as they have to do it all the time to engineering samples to find a sweet spot on timings and power consumption.

Until I see otherwise, I think this will be a repeat of Vega and rx480. My guess is it will do okay at stock but it's near it's envelope edge. Anything higher will ramp noise and heat and you'll hit a wall quickly.

If the 5700XT overclocks decently without a vacuum sound to beat a stock 2070 super it will be an okay card at $400. Otherwise I'll wait for axial fan after market coolers and $375 pricing.

Good thing AMD came through with these price breaks. I was seriously considering jumping ship and getting a 2080 Super if it was near a Ti. That would keep me gaming 4 years at decent settings. Or getting a 2070 if I could get it for $400. A 5700XT will hold me over for VR until Navi 20Series arrives or Arcturus in 2 years. I'll then swap it to my older rig and sell my 7970 for $75

One thing is for certain. These are mainstream gaming cards. They will be outmoded in VR and 3d gaming in 3 years tops. 4k is gaining rapid traction as well as VR. And for VR these are barely entry level today.

It's just getting more expensive with each generation. Fractures are already showing as to what gamers are willing to pay. The evidence can be seen the disappointing sales of rtx.

Last edited:
Is AMD ready to make NAVI 12 SKUs as well ?

TPU posted an article, and it looks like AMD is developing a larger GPU based on its new "Navi" architecture to power a new high-end graphics card family, likely the Radeon RX 5800 series. The codename "Navi 12" is doing rounds on social media through familiar accounts that have high credibility with pre-launch news and rumors.

With the "Navi 12" silicon, AMD is probably looking to take a swing at NVIDIA's "TU104" silicon, which has been maxed out by the RTX 2080 Super, disrupting the company's $500-700 lineup once again, with its XT and Pro variants. There's also a remote possibility of "Navi 12" being an even bigger chip, targeting the "TU102."

https://www.techpowerup.com/257761/...avi-12-silicon-to-power-radeon-rx-5800-series

View: https://twitter.com/KOMACHI_ENSAKA/status/1155279174036148224