Discussion AMD NAVI RX 5700 XT's picture and SPECS leaked *off topic*

Hello,

You may or may not be aware of this, but Videocardz has just leaked some SPECS and info on the AMD's upcoming NAVI GPU.

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT features 40 Compute Units (2560 stream processors). The Navi GPU is clocked at 1605 MHz in base mode, 1755 MHz in Game Mode and 1905 MHz in boost mode. Of course, the new addition here is the Game Clock.

With the said boost clock, AMD expects a maximum of 9.75 TFLOPs of single-precision compute from the Radeon RX 5700 XT. The card is also confirmed to feature 8 GB of GDDR6 memory that should run across a 256-bit wide bus interface

The card is confirmed to feature 8GB of GDDR6 memory. The memory bus width, memory clock, pricing, and availability date were not available at the time of writing.

https://videocardz.com/80966/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-picture-and-specs-leaked

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-7nm-navi-gpu-rdna-specs-leak-8-gb-2560-cores/

Last edited:
Reactions: MrN1ce9uy
The "Game Clock" might be the new addition, but the actual higher "Boost Clock" clock speed is what is new, and it looks pretty darn impressive!

I like the XT and Pro throwback to ATI. Very cool.

The pricing does seem a bit high for good taste. AMD is continuing the uptrend in GPU pricing that Nvidia piggy-backed off the crypto-mining boom in 2017-2018. As a free-market advocate, I suppose I can't blame them.

Off-topic: I see AMD is now holding back their Ryzen 3000 CPUs, keeping their 16-core for whatever Intel has to counter. Intel hasn't sufficiently countered, so AMD holds for now.

All these nice new parts and I don't need to upgrade. My system should last me 5+ years. AMD and Intel will find out, while they are sandbagging, people will not need to upgrade nearly as often because they continue holding back the better performing parts making any new upgrade marginal and/or making the new, higher performing parts outrageously expensive.

*Update: If anyone else is like me, once I bought the high-end part for everything, once I reached the pinnacle, PC gaming was no longer as interesting to me. I had more fun using the budget-oriented gaming hardware back when I couldn't afford better parts than I ever have on any more powerful hardware. That was back when I actually played games because I liked gaming; now I just play games to see what the hardware can do, which I stopped doing because life gets in the way. Now I only play League of Legends when I have the time. High-end hardware is overrated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
I like the XT and Pro throwback to ATI. Very cool.

Yeah, I totally agree on that. This nomenclature is a welcome change for sure. On other news, it seems AMD will launch Ryzen 9 3950X as world’s first 16-core mainstream processor.

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X would utilize all available cores from both dies. It would preserve the TDP from Ryzen 9 3900X which features 12 cores but at the cost of a lower base clock. This AM4 processor is supposedly a 105W TDP part. A bit high value, if you ask me.....

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-to-become-worlds-first-16-core-gaming-cpu

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy
By the way, what's the difference between ""Game Clock" and "Boost clock" speed values ?? Isn't BOOST clock the same as gaming Mode, I mean when the GPU is under full load, the card will boost to the desired clock speed value ??
Good question, I'm not sure how that will work. I was referring to the higher clock speed of 1905MHz as the "value". We haven't seen that high clock speed from AMD yet.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

lux1109

Reputable
BANNED
Apr 30, 2019
What about the performance level ? Any guess ? Will it compete with Nvidia's high-end offerings ? Will this be faster or slower than the current Radeon 7 GPU ??

Will this be faster or slower than the current Radeon 7 GPU ??

Slower in my opinion, since AMD is only releasing mainstream NAVI GPUs this year.

According to the roadmap, NAVI 20 is going to land next year, 2020. These might be high-end NAVI GPU offerings, though this is just based on pure speculation for now. Also, NAVI is the last AMD GPU to be based on the GCN architecture though (refined). In 2021 we might see a completely new arch, rumored as ARCTURUS, (most probably on VLIW2, or as AMD calls it SUPER-SIMD). This is where things might change for AMD.

Reactions: lux1109
UPDATE: !! AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT official gaming benchmarks leaked.

Official figures for 2560×1440 gaming have been leaked. According to the slide, AMD’s new Navi-based Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card will on average offer better performance than NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 2070. I'm not impressed though.

The card would be having a blower-type cooler, and would require dual 8-pin power connectors, seriously ?? I think TDP will be close to 300W (2x8pin PCI-E power connectors deliver up to 2x150W) which doesn't really bode well for this 7nm AMD architecture. NVIDIA at 12nm is a lot more power effective. AMD has again increased the voltages and frequencies to the absolute maximum in order to look good.

https://videocardz.com/80993/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-official-gaming-benchmarks-leaked

xu3JAZs.jpg

It is odd that it requires 2x 8-pin power connectors. I don't think it will require a full 300W though, but it could. Performance looks good, but for the same price as the RTX 2070 and consuming more power, I don't see it as anything spectacular.

I guess the Pricing is going to be a huge deciding factor here, between the RTX 2070, and this new NAVI XT GPU. Though I doubt many gamers are going to opt for a higher TDP card, and that too with a blower-type cooler, just like this XT Model.

If the new upcoming "refresh" RTX 2070 is faster, and more power efficient as well, then AMD would be having a hard time selling this XT NAVI GPU. I guess only time will tell. Third-party benchmarks might provide a more clear picture though.

Last edited:
I guess the Pricing is going to be a huge deciding factor here, between the RTX 2070, and this new NAVI XT GPU. Though I doubt many gamers are going to opt for a higher TDP card, and that too with a blower-type cooler, just like this XT Model.

If the new upcoming "refresh" RTX 2070 is faster, and more power efficient as well, then AMD would be having a hard time selling this XT NAVI GPU. I guess only time will tell. Third-party benchmarks might provide a more clear picture though.

If it comes in at more power with no Ray tracing, then the 5700XT will have to be $100 less than the equivalent 2070 pricing to be effective. And I'll wait for the OEM cooler designs. Blowers just blow chunks noise wise. When will they get that?!?

My money is ready. I hate NVIDIA, but if AMD blows this, to NVIDIA I go. I've been waiting too long to upgrade my 7970 for VR.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
*Update: If anyone else is like me, once I bought the high-end part for everything, once I reached the pinnacle, PC gaming was no longer as interesting to me. I had more fun using the budget-oriented gaming hardware back when I couldn't afford better parts than I ever have on any more powerful hardware. That was back when I actually played games because I liked gaming; now I just play games to see what the hardware can do, which I stopped doing because life gets in the way. Now I only play League of Legends when I have the time. High-end hardware is overrated.

Decently beefy, but I never bought top-end. I was always a sort of "can I get 80-90% of top end performance for 50% of the price" kind of guy.

I do have a decent system now, but, of course, adulting interferes with my game time even more than it used to. Even with the big monitor (partially for work purposes) and the GTX 1080, I was "stressing" it by mostly playing:
  • Pinball Arcade
  • Heroes of Might and Magic 3

The second system listed in my sig is my most recent system, and was what fascinated me the most - putting together something for light-use/connecting-via-RDP-to-work, that was better than what I already had for that task, consumed less power, and cost less.

What makes you say that?

Never mind. That was just my guess, because I think AMD did a similar thing with the Radeon VII GPU as well, though this card was having a triple fan cooling solution, and no other variants were made for this GPU. So, I'm just assuming that other AIB custom RX 5700 XT cards will also feature a blower-type cooler.

I was actually talking about the cooler design, not the GPU itself. BTW, the XT variant would be using 8+6-pin power setup connectors, and not 8+8 as previously guessed. This has been made official now.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/gp...their_rx_5700_family_of_navi_graphics_cards/1

10182830239l.jpg

Last edited:
the 5700XT vs. 2070 at 1440P comparison was interesting, claiming about a 5-7% framerate advantage typically, but a hefty 22% lead on BF5, which is an important title, IMO!

The noise levels will be important, too....(my 1060 is quiet, and I'm not upgrading it to any 'hairdryer wanna-be' any time soon!)

We'll see what the street price to 2070 comparisons end up being...it will need to undercut the 2070 by $50-$100 to bite into that market...it should be in-between 2060 and 2070 pricing to sell well....