AMD Officially Opens Threadripper 1950X Exchange Program For Winners Of Intel's Core i7-8086K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2018
Well at least Intel gives them for Free , while AMD takes something you own in return of what they will Give you.

Intel 1 : AMD 0

here !

Also , Not Fair AMD , Other people who did not have the chance to win Free CPU should have a Chance to win AMD CPU...

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
Considering a lot of Linux OS's are starting to consider shutting off HT to keep your system secure making that extra money people spent on I7-9 with HT an utter waste one OS has actually shut off the threads. Lets just wait and see what other vulnerabilities pop up for intel that doesn't seem to affect AMD.

nate1492

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2012
So, Intel give away 8,086 units, and AMD give away 40 and people are raving about how awesome AMD are for doing this?

Congrats AMD, you offer an awful sweepstakes and get good PR still?

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007

No, AMD is [strike]taking 40 anniversary edition Intel CPUs out of the market, and replacing them with a much more expensive Threadripper[/strike] taking the spotlight to themselves by being savage on the celebration of their competitor/partner-in-x86. It's not about the chips, it's about the message: "burn, Intel" :D

Also, don't like it, don't trade it. As far as anyone is concerned, it still is a PR win.

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

i'm sleepy - didn't mean to upvote this. unless, it was a joke? i mean, i did find it funny ...not nearly as funny as MisterBlister's well-placed sarcasm... but still...

that's awesome, mate :)

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
Intel's snarky remark back to the TR offer was "@AMDRyzen, if you wanted an Intel Core i7-8086K processor too, you could have just asked us. :) Thanks for helping us celebrate the 8086!"

That's certainly some high-class counter-trolling right there, I must admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.