[SOLVED] Amd on board graphic

erezyafee

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
I know that AMD has their "G" proccesors for on board graphics (ryzen 3 3200G, ryzen 5 3400G, etc.)
But what if I will try to boot a computer that is connected to the screen via VGA\DVI cable from the motherboard, with a regular ryzen processor (processor which is not from the "G" family)?
Will it work?
I'm asking because I wanted to buy Ryzen 5 3600 for my parents and then I noticed that in AMD you must use external GPU

Solution
I know that AMD has their "G" proccesors for on board graphics (ryzen 3 3200G, ryzen 5 3400G, etc.)
But what if I will try to boot a computer that is connected to the screen via VGA\DVI cable from the motherboard, with a regular ryzen processor (processor which is not from the "G" family)?
Will it work?
I'm asking because I wanted to buy Ryzen 5 3600 for my parents and then I noticed that in AMD you must use external GPU
Won't work, the ports on the motherboard require a cpu with an igpu to function. The R5 3600 doesn't have an igpu.

bignastyid

Titan
Will it work?
Won't work, the ports on the motherboard require a cpu with an igpu to function. The R5 3600 doesn't have an igpu.

Solution