[SOLVED] amd onboard graphics driver to radeon graphics card driver

Bag of Potatoes

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
yes im not good with choosing titles, that's my talent, but here's my case. this PC has no graphics card installed, just the onboard r7 graphics with radeon adrenaline software. and yesterday i just got my rx570 graphics card. so, do i need to uninstall my previous driver or just slap the card on and ready to go? thanks!

Solution
Pop the card in and go. After you boot to W10, install the driver that came with the card or (better still) the latest one from the Nvidia website.
There's no need to uninstall the AMD driver. Besides, it is normally part of an entire driver package that contains other drivers and files.

Note: W10 will probably see the card immediately upon reaching the desktop and begin downloading and installing the correct driver for the card. You might want to let this happen first before installing the latest driver that you have. Otherwise, sometimes the one driver being installed can interfere with the other. I've had that experience,

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Pop the card in and go. After you boot to W10, install the driver that came with the card or (better still) the latest one from the Nvidia website.
There's no need to uninstall the AMD driver. Besides, it is normally part of an entire driver package that contains other drivers and files.

Note: W10 will probably see the card immediately upon reaching the desktop and begin downloading and installing the correct driver for the card. You might want to let this happen first before installing the latest driver that you have. Otherwise, sometimes the one driver being installed can interfere with the other. I've had that experience,

Solution

Bag of Potatoes

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019

one more thing, i just noticed the card has this switch thingy, like a 2 way switch but i see 3 and 1 written on it and currently it's on position 3, what does this do?