AMD optimum temperature

G

Hi
Anyone know what average temperature an AMD 1400 Thunderbird should be running at. Not overclocked. Mine's running around 90 which I think could be just tad too high!!

Frederick

dhlucke

Polypheme
Since this is an international forum you should post temps in celcius. (yes, I post in F if I'm talking about the weather)

90F=32C, which is very good. You have nothing to worry about. What you should do though is install motherboard monitor and check your temps when the computer is doing nothing (idle), and when under full load. There is a program called "toast" (don't know where to get it anymore) that will utilize the full potential of your CPU. If the temp doesn't rise too much, you're in great shape. You can try using SETI to get a decent reading as well.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

svol

Champion
And if its 90 C then it's a wonder that your CPU is still working.
A temp of 32 C is very good, but if you are able to get it around -273 C (which isn't reached by anyone before) you would get the best performance because the resistant of wires depends on the temp, the lower the temp the lower the resistant...but you'll need a heck of a heatsink and liquid nitrogen for that.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .