AMD OR Intel ?

tonyn84

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
From a price to performance standpoint they both have their strengths, and always will that is the nature of business. Intel has the advantage at the moment of having more expensive offerings that are faster than what AMD offers, of course this only applies if you are willing to pay more for more performance. Figure out your budget first, then take a look at what's in that range. Personally AMD has always had the price ratio that I've aimed for. But if I had the cash to drop on a Core 2 Extreme, I probably would in a heartbeat.

George-pc

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
That is What I am talking about guys . I dont wanna wast my money , so Amd has a good price and I think its very good 4 me

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
if you already think so why you even bother open this thread?

intell offer more value for money when you move from the lower end to mid and top.plus OC will blow AMD out of the water easily.

doomturkey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
IMO, if you want to spend less than $600 on a build then AMD ftw. Otherwise, Intel is better. Although, the phenom is now at a very attractive price, $175 for the 9950. I still prefer the Q6600, it overclocks higher =).
Long live Q6600!

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
i wonder how the new Q8200 will fair.but i guess it will pwned the 9950BE so bad that will make AMD cry and reduce the price further!so we will be happy with the extra price reduction!:D

radium69

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2007
Look at more post by george-pc , he also did it with an ATI VS NVIDIA thread, cut the crap... this thread doesn't make any sense, it's al about flaimbait.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
but its like when he said
.......Amd has a good price and I think its very good 4 me.......
whats the point of asking other people which one should i go for?

you ask these sort of questions only when you are not clear of which one is better and is the extra worth it. but he is like AMD is for me

=.="

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

exactly.

GTFO George

foxhound009

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
if you're actually plan to play newer games go Intel, besides it clock way better. I went from AMD to Intel few months ago, from what I can see I won't be going back. Unless AMD will introduce some performance 4 normal budget. But when it comes to GFX, AMD all the way though :)

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007

i lol'd. but if the question is which brand do you prefer, im gonna say neither. i buy whichever cpu offers the best performance for the price i intend to pay. right now i have an amd cpu because i was on an extremely tight budget, but when it's time for my next build, im not going to look at amd any higher than intel. for the record, every other pc that was ever purchased by anyone in my family has been an intel-powered machine.

AMD is better around a $700 build and competitive up to $1200 builds. It's the way to go if you want a system with at least 2 full x16 PCI-E slots without feeling like you got hosed on the board. With the 780G and 790GX boards AMD is definitely the choice for HTPC setups. They are also good for upgradability since you should be able to put AM3 chips into AM2+ boards, assuming your board provides enough watts and your vendor gives you a BIOS update. At the higher end though Intel is definitely better right now.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006

What you need is a better video card............

someguy69

Distinguished
May 2, 2008
if you want a GOOD gaming machine you want intel. i was an AMD boy for a long time but i couldnt go past the Q6600 last time i upgraded. my mate told me i was crazy and he got a phenom BE and told me he would destroy me with overclocking potential......... oooh how i laughed for a week when it managed to reach a maximum 2.5 GHZ (stock 2.33) stable. mean while i have been runing at 3.6 GHZ (stock 2.4) for 6 months.

the point is intels ability to overclock is amazing and a child could do it!
if your a serious gamer with a bit of cash why wouldnt you buy it?