Question AMD Overdrive causes BSOD on my poor PC ?

RetroRebel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
First of all, I don't have, and never had downloaded this driver/utility. I didn't have these issues before, and they began even without updating my video drivers. Tried updating them, they persist. Tried doing a clean reinstall of my video drivers, but still nothing. Searched both in safe mode and normal mode for anything like "aoddriver.sys" (and all its variants), but nope.. nothing.

This leads me to believe, what I already thought, that I don't have AMD Overdrive Driver installed. Yet my PC keeps doing BSODs randomly out of nowhere, no matter what I am doing. I've checked in the event viewer, and 99% of the times it crashed because of AODriver4.3.0 ?

Please, any thoughts? This began out of nowhere, I haven't given my PC a reason to begin crashing because of this.

PC:
Win 10
8 gb RAM
AMD FX 8350
AMD RX 570

Huge thanks to anyone that bothered reading this.

RetroRebel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
Are both your video and motherboard chipset drivers up to date?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Also, what is the make/model of your power supply (PSU)?

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Thanks for your reply!

My motherboard's drivers are up to date. My RX 570 has its drivers up to date, but I'm not sure whether you were talking about my onboard video card or my RX 570. I've got my onboard video disabled from the BIOS.

Not overcloking anything.

My PSU is a Sentey Modular 1000w (its model I can't remember but it's some gaming PSU and it's pretty solid)