[SOLVED] AMD Overdrive messed up PC

RoyalStrength

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
Hey everyone. I been trying to find a solution to my problem on google but haven't found one yet.

I wanted to increase the fan speed of my Ryzen 5 2600, because it was running hot sometimes while gaming. I ran into AMD Overdrive program in google only to find out after that my PC kept getting blue screen of deaths. (It doesnt work on Ryzens) Did a restore point to yesterday and everything looked good first.
Now i noticed the issues.
Started up a game in which i always had 144 stable FPS. Now my CPU temperature couldnt go above like 50 Celsius even tho before this mess up my CPU sometimes ran on 80 Celsius. This isnt the only problem. Constant stutters, fps drops.. 50 FPS..back to 100..back to 70..randomly.
Can a program affect my CPU like this or any idea what happened? Im gonna try clean install my windows tomorrow. Any help appreciated if someone heard about something similar.

Thank you.

Solution
can try reset to optimal defaults,but if this doesn't work do try a full clear cmos. Make sure the pc is taken of the power, means cable out of the wallsocket and use either dedicated jumper (connect for about 5sec.) or taking the battery out for about 15min.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can try windows repair option given using the install usb. A clean install might be best though.

Restore points don't always have the effect you want.

Also might want to do a clear cmos before reinstalling windows. Just in case the overclocking tool has really has things messed up. Do set XMP/DOHC to enabled again after this (profile 1).

RoyalStrength

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
Can try windows repair option given using the install usb. A clean install might be best though.

Restore points don't always have the effect you want.

Also might want to do a clear cmos before reinstalling windows. Just in case the overclocking tool has really has things messed up. Do set XMP/DOHC to enabled again after this (profile 1).

If i reset all BIOS settings to factory settings is it enough or do i have to do on the motherboard? Because i never done that on any motherboards yet.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
can try reset to optimal defaults,but if this doesn't work do try a full clear cmos. Make sure the pc is taken of the power, means cable out of the wallsocket and use either dedicated jumper (connect for about 5sec.) or taking the battery out for about 15min.

Solution

RoyalStrength

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019

I did a reset in BIOS, reinstalled my whole computer to clean and it's all back to normal. Thank you for your reply.