[SOLVED] AMD PC SETUP DIDNT MEET EXPECTION. ADVICE NEEDeD.

Marcus_3315

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvtHLJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BvtHLJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor ($162.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($59.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 570 4 GB ROG STRIX Video Card ($199.84 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design - Define C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - VS 550 W ATX Power Supply ($69.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($124.79 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Samsung - S24E390HL 23.6" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Total: $735.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-26 23:32 EST-0500

This is my current PC setup which I purchased 1 year ago.

So, after a year of usage, and this pc is good enough for my usage(moba/mmorpg gaming and office work).

Gaming:
Moba(Dota2)/MMORPG(Black Desert Online) :
I'm playing these game at 1920x1080/Monitor resolution @ Max Graphic settings @ 60fps. Somehow, I felt that the gaming experience not that I expected, not smooth enough, is it because of not using higher RAM(does brand matters?) or hard drive?

Office work
Mostly on Excel. Slow response & Lag sometimes.
My data are like hundred rows which not big at all.

I'm not sure I describe good enough, but I need your advice if should upgrade some of the components of my pc setup?

My thoughts are upgrading:
1) RAM - Currently G.Skill - Aegis 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory. Do I actually achieve better performance by going to 2 x 4gb? or should I get another same stick of RAM?
2) SSD - I'm looking at Samsung 860 evo 250gb m.2 or Crucial MX500.
3) PSU - I'm being told my PSU is a bad unit and will destroy other component, can recommend me a good unit for current and future upgrading?
4) Based on the current setup with this graphic card, are there any monitor you can recommend to me? I'm thinking of 27" monitor.

**No overclocking.

T

Solution
Really for your setup, I think the best thing you could do is sell the single stick of ram, that is causing bad performance being in single-channel. then go buy yourself a 2x8gb kit of 3200mhz ram you want two sticks of fast ram so they run in dual channel mode. Ryzen works best in this config due to it's architecture. your PSU isn't the best but it's probably fine for the time being. Getting an SSD will also be a huge difference in performance, what you want to do is get your OS on the SSD and use the HDD for storage. boot times and overall system responsiveness will be much faster. if you get these two things done you won't even feel like you have the same PC. good luck
Really for your setup, I think the best thing you could do is sell the single stick of ram, that is causing bad performance being in single-channel. then go buy yourself a 2x8gb kit of 3200mhz ram you want two sticks of fast ram so they run in dual channel mode. Ryzen works best in this config due to it's architecture. your PSU isn't the best but it's probably fine for the time being. Getting an SSD will also be a huge difference in performance, what you want to do is get your OS on the SSD and use the HDD for storage. boot times and overall system responsiveness will be much faster. if you get these two things done you won't even feel like you have the same PC. good luck

Solution