10isaa5432

Commendable
Jul 1, 2018
I have an amd phenom 975 CPU an I was wondering what base voltage the CPU runs at because my motherboard has it down clocked to 3.3ghz at 1.5 voltage, is my motherboard voltage monitor not working properly? Or is that the correct way it's supposed to be...

P.S. I bought this CPU as an amd phenom b75 3 core processer, then I unlocked the fourth core and now it's an amd phenom 975.

Solution
Go easy on the OC on that board. It isn't well-designed for OC'ing. Poor power phasing, no heat sink of the VRMs' power transistors (MOSFETs), and no solid capacitors.
And yes, the BIOS will also report it as a 975. I've had two of those B75s. But as you can see from the two links I provided above, it isn't a true 975. Just a misnomer. A true 975 would have an unlocked multiplier.

Try OC'ing that old Phenom II in Windows with AMD Overdrive. I've found it quicker because you don't have to keep going back and forth to BIOS and rebooting. BUt put everything back to default before you do it for best results.

10isaa5432

Commendable
Jul 1, 2018
Actually, the Phenom II X3 B75 is not a Phenom II X4 975 (which is a Black Edition) when unlocked to a quad core. But CPU-Z and other apps will ID it that way when unlocked.

Which board are you using? 1.5V is the AMD recommended max for the Phenom II line. 0.8V - 1.425V is the normal (not OC) vcore for the chip.

My motherboard is the ASRock N68-GS4 FX

When I'm in the bios it says the CPU is the AMD Phenom ii x4 975 at 3.3ghz at 1.5volts, and today I got the clock speed to 3.39ghz at 1.525volts (well that's what my motherboard says) I have not gotten to the limit I think, I am still doing testing...

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Go easy on the OC on that board. It isn't well-designed for OC'ing. Poor power phasing, no heat sink of the VRMs' power transistors (MOSFETs), and no solid capacitors.
And yes, the BIOS will also report it as a 975. I've had two of those B75s. But as you can see from the two links I provided above, it isn't a true 975. Just a misnomer. A true 975 would have an unlocked multiplier.

Try OC'ing that old Phenom II in Windows with AMD Overdrive. I've found it quicker because you don't have to keep going back and forth to BIOS and rebooting. BUt put everything back to default before you do it for best results.

Solution