AMD Phenom II 955 Benchmarks

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Havok can be done thru cpu or gpu. GpGpu is taking off, and itll change the way things are being done overall
Ill repost this link
http://venturebeat.com/2009/05/22/interview-stanfords-bill-dally-leaps-from-academia-to-the-computer-graphics-wars/

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009

It sure will!!!!

Well, physics could be done a lil better on DX11. DX11 allows for MT, all the way thru now, instead of say, 4 in, and only 1 out, now itll be 4 in, 4 out, so, it should help AI for sure, and possibly physics, its mostly up to the devs

Its akin to what nVidia did when they had "so called" DX10.1 in whichever game they did it on. It was such a minor ability of DX10.1, it hardly made any difference in anything, other than they could claim they did it, and it went with their theme of, who needs DX10.1 , we can do it in SW anyways, but implementing the 4xAA heheh, faaaaail

Ya know, I was talking to my bro on the phone, and we started talking about Oblivion, and all its possible directions, all the things you can do in that game, and now? Theres simply maybe 1 year, as opposed to what seemed like much more in the past, more like 3-4.
I hate consoles, or at least from me, thats who gets the blame

developers make games that they plan to sell heaps of copies.

Can't do that if the game won't play on middle of the road PC's or reasonably newer consoles.

Are most of the games designed for consoles and ported to PC's ??

What is the deal there?

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
No Im sure its not a twkr. I cant get my hands on one right now..... Actually it is a fluke kind o thing..... Slapped a PII 940 BE on AZotac MINI-ITX board that did not know how to act with the 940 installed.... The board is a GF8200-c-e AM2+ for up to Phenom I, the bios threw a fit and OCD it for me Rather nicely I would say. IT all changed when I reflashed the bios..... NOW I cannot get any where near this point.... TITS ok though ILL finger it out later.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Mybe I should revert to the original BIOS....lol
At this speed my cell phone started acting pretty crazy when on my desk near the pc.... I got somepretty wierd calls from numbers that made no sense...... This also the reason I open Coretemp to see what was going on. I figured I had to be in the 11 Ghz range to be getting that kind of interferance on my phone. Anybody got some ideas?

Sorry, but that's complete bull. There is no possible way you are anywhere close to 11GHz. As for screenshots? Assuming you're in Vista, use the snipping tool (it's under accessories in the start menu). Do a CPU-Z validation instead though - make sure you have the latest CPU-Z, and then go to "Validation" under the "About" tab. Use the online mode, and it will give you a link similar to the one in my sig that you can post to verify the overclock.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
NO bs due And Im not running that right now. I already have a screenshot ready and waiting. I just dont know how to post it.... All I see are urls and links? But I do definitely agree with you on Im no where near that 11.25Ghz but the good old core temp and cpuz seem to think otherwise.I will post shot just tell me how and it will be done. Also I belive this is glitch in firmware as I posted earlier this fluke went away after A bios reflash. I do have another Zotac MITX board with the original bios mounted in my desk right now. As for another 940 I do not have. By the way there is no reason to be dick... Im asking ?s as to why this would happen. Im am not arguing this is an implausible OC, again I did not manually set it. I did not save a screenshot of cpuz only core temp. It would be hard to validate something in cpuz that is not running now. Although I would love some input on what happened here if you dont have any constructive input dont reply.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009

Thats a nice rig you have there!

Ahh - that's bizarre, but I maintain that there is no physical way for it to have hit that speed. I would bet on a software bug in Coretemp honestly - I've seen Coretemp give me some funny readings as well (the temps work fine, but the CPU speed doesn't always seem right - I've had it tell me that I was at 14MHz before). Of course, if CPU-Z also agreed, then it's even stranger. As for posting pics? Try Photobucket - that's what I use.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
here it is the infamous 11.25 ghz

CoreTemp3.png

This shot was taken in the middle of an everest report. Hence the high cpu load.