[SOLVED] AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition socket am3+ fan cooler

razorcool

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2015
I HAVE an AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition socket am3+ i thing my fan cooler is dying so it start have problems. My pc was close (power off) with no reason many time the day so i took the fan cooler off i put a new paste (articMX2) on the cpu and now is work fine .The problem is that in the past my fan cooler was work probably (some times specially at summer ) at max (3200 maybe I don’t know for sure) rpm, now is work more quietly and keep the noise too low and cpu temp when i play games at 80-87 Celcium temp .In the past was much more lower ( (60-75 C) with higher noise ofc from the fun cooler specialy at summer season .I try to check with fan smart to make the fun run faster but at 100% of fan power the noise is the same so i suppose that fan is dying .My question is a) what type of fan i must find for that cpu (9'' or 10'' or 12'' mm with 4pins power connector i suppose) and where i can check to find this kind of fan with max rpm 3200 if possible (i don’t need all the cooler system only the fan) and i need a fan with max rpm to be safe for summer.

YG please forgive my English I don’t speak very well

Solution
I HAVE an AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition socket am3+ i thing my fan cooler is dying so it start have problems. My pc was close (power off) with no reason many time the day so i took the fan cooler off i put a new paste (articMX2) on the cpu and now is work fine .The problem is that in the past my fan cooler was work probably (some times specially at summer ) at max (3200 maybe I don’t know for sure) rpm, now is work more quietly and keep the noise too low and cpu temp when i play games at 80-87 Celcium temp .In the past was much more lower ( (60-75 C) with higher noise ofc from the fun cooler specialy at summer season .I try to check with fan smart to make the fun run faster but at 100% of fan power the noise is the...
I HAVE an AMD phenom II x4 955 black edition socket am3+ i thing my fan cooler is dying so it start have problems. My pc was close (power off) with no reason many time the day so i took the fan cooler off i put a new paste (articMX2) on the cpu and now is work fine .The problem is that in the past my fan cooler was work probably (some times specially at summer ) at max (3200 maybe I don’t know for sure) rpm, now is work more quietly and keep the noise too low and cpu temp when i play games at 80-87 Celcium temp .In the past was much more lower ( (60-75 C) with higher noise ofc from the fun cooler specialy at summer season .I try to check with fan smart to make the fun run faster but at 100% of fan power the noise is the same so i suppose that fan is dying .My question is a) what type of fan i must find for that cpu (9'' or 10'' or 12'' mm with 4pins power connector i suppose) and where i can check to find this kind of fan with max rpm 3200 if possible (i don’t need all the cooler system only the fan) and i need a fan with max rpm to be safe for summer.

YG please forgive my English I don’t speak very well
All sockets AM2 up to AM3+ have same mounting so you can use practically any aftermarket cooler. You are better off with it as it's cooler's body is that counts most. It's not even important if it has 3 or 4 pins. Small fans are inherently noisy because they have to work faster. A cooler like this https://www.lc-power.com/en/product/cpu-cooler/lc-cc-120/ is dirt cheap, would cool that CPU maximally and be quiet.

Solution

razorcool

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2015
and will it fit on my coller body of my cpu??? i say because you told me that is 120 mm .Will it need any extra thing to put it on or i just change it simply and easy???

TRENDING THREADS