AMD Phenom II x4 Deneb with Turbo Core..

Would AMD provide an update for Turbo Core for its Deneb processors?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No, never

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

rajiv babu

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
I know its a stupid question to ask, but still..... We all know that Turbo Core is like a revised Cool n Quiet. It wouldn't cause much of a headache for amd for providing Turbo Core. AMD is also good at backward compatability(That's why most of 'em likes AMD, including me :love: ). I just wish that some AMD guy sees this poll and if everyone goes for it, might be gettin Turbo Core on my Deneb processor :wahoo: . So, what do you guys think? Still, its a stupid question, but..... Please poll n comment.

Yes exactly. It is hardware, not software. It's like asking if an update to all the firmware in your car will make the engine go faster.

It is in the newer parts. The quad core 960t is the new quad core from AMD that has a 95W TDP at 3.0GHz and has the turbo feature to, I believe, 3.6GHz.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006

Son of a B...., you're right:
AMD intros six new Athlon IIs, but no Phenom II X4 960T
In fact, AMD has confirmed to TR that it will not be introducing a Thuban-based quad-core part today or in the near future. The purported Phenom II X4 960T chips floating around out there are real, but they are engineering samples not slated to materialize as real products any time soon. The firm tells us a Phenom II X4 product with Turbo Core technology may not ever happen, since the bulk of its efforts are now focused on next-generation products. If such a beast does ship eventually, it may be an OEM-only part intended for system builders, not for wider distribution.

I for one would be surprised if you don't see turbo core in future Phenom processors. It would be fairly simple for them to do a stepping improvement that adds turbo. Doesn't mean they will, but could.

If you want turbo that badly, overclock.

Yoshinoya

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
i don't know, but AMD is what they are by selling of as much waste as possible. what are they going to do with their 6 cores that don't meet the minimum requirements?

i wouldn't be surprised to see these coming back as a 4 and perhaps even a 5 core on the market

I think the fact that they are not expecting to see these parts on the market suggests that the yields on the X6 very good. High yield mean fewer defective cores. Ones that are defective will likely be sold as X4, but the OEM market will gobble them up before they get to retail.

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Sure, it might be on the Phenom II x4 960T but he asked if they're putting it on the Denebs. Read the question next time guys..

Answer : Probably not :p it's a selling feature for new chips, why update old ones?