AMD phenom x4 965 BE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sockpirate

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
So recently i have been playing around with some Over clocking with this new processor.
I have not crashed yet at all and currently have my multiplier at x19.5 which is 3900 mhz, with a core voltage of 1.440 . I am just wondering if i make the jump to x20 should i start messing with my ram speeds? As of now my fsb is running at 200 and i have had zero problems so far. Temps are solid, i idle at around 37c . I am new to this but have followed the AMD overclocking guide here pretty closely and have mirrored the voltage specs pretty closely, which is why i believe i have had such great outcomes thus far. Any suggestions would be paramount. My mobo only supports ddr2 , i have the msi 785GT-E63. again ty very much for the opportunity to ask these questions on what seems to be a very helpful community. :kaola:

sockpirate

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
could the memory voltage be called "memory VDDQ" ? i am using amd overdrive to calibrate my voltage both for cpu and memory. My bios version doesn't allow for 64 bit windows 7 to calibrate in the bios manually, tis the reason i am using amd overdrive, it is working fine thus far. In overdrive the only voltage slider for memory is called "memory VDDQ" just wanna know if that is the correct selection for messing with RAM voltage.

sockpirate

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
started from scratch and i am up to 3.9 running stress tests with 1.42v , so far so good, fsb at 200 , ram back to 800mhz , if things keep going well should i still drop the ram back to 533 with 1.8v ?

sockpirate

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010
Gonna start stress testing at 4.0, realized i do not need amd overdrive for anything voltage wise, or anything for that matter, i truly hate the utility.

I am an idiot and didn't read properly how to adjust voltage in bios!

Well i am still not sure why everything shows my pc at 4.0 right now accept cpu-z and this temp widget i have, is there any reason for this ? I mean Everest even shows all my cores running at 4.0!

TRENDING THREADS