AMD plans to release a 6 Core processor! Impressive

thunderman

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
Not only is AMD planning to release new chips....they should also work with current compatible motherboards. Going Core2Quad will leave you behind..... since it's incompatible with Intels copycat Native Quad core Nehalem that will appear sometime in the future. AMD are back in business and are innovating as usual.

Article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121018922192574563.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Advanced Micro Devices Inc. plans to produce chips with six electronic brains, and then 12, to continue a longtime game of high-tech leapfrog with rival Intel Corp.

Wednesday, AMD disclosed plans for a six-processor model in the second half of 2009 that can fit in the same computers that use current chips. Then, in the first half of 2010, the company plans a more fundamental makeover of its chip design to include models with six or 12 processors, said Randy Allen, an AMD vice president and general manager of its server-workstation division

AMD Technology leading the way! Intel please stop Copying AMD!

AMD4life!

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
"amd for life"
somes it all up. thunder man, you know what you need, a girl (or boy) freind something to take your mind off proving how 'good' amd are.

^this is not a hater comment nor meant to course offense, it is advice and i apoligise if it casue any upset.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
By the time I upgrade my system I'll want a new mobo and RAM. I hope AMD gets their sh!t together. Intel will hold back until they have a little impetus.

Thunderman, you're still a TROLL clown.

inglburt

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
As much of an AMD fan I am, the current execs over there have taught me that they are at best a bunch of dreamers right now. Although I do have hope, I really don't have that much faith right now. Let alone trust in their statements. At this rate, next year I may be building my first Intel system in several years.
Faith is good Thunder, but you have to have an open mind.

kg4icg

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah that new six core that you are so hyped on thunder dud is 2 tri cores glue together. Next time you might want to read deeper before you shoot off again.

rfatcheric

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
I dunno about all this "amd for life" stuff.... I used to think the same thing, but now I realize that I'm "best performance for my money for life". Product loyalty is just plain stupid if you ask me.

I just got a shiney new intel system and while I'm pulling for AMD to hang in there and become great again, I certainly won't be holding my breath.

FHDelux

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
2nd half of '09 am i the only person seeing this?? Mhz for Mhz its still not going to outperform what intel has right now, and its not like intel is going to sit on their butts for the next 1.5 years either. I'd really love to see AMD bounce back from the hole they dug themselves but its just not gonna happen that soon. They can't beat Intel on performance so now they are going to get into a who has the most cores competition. Intel has a better manufactoring process so its not like AMD is going to win that battle either. AMD's marketing department is writing checks that their design engineers can't cash, and its killing peoples faith in the company, mine included.

What is with the glued cores for the 12 core model, isn't native the only good way to make a multicore CPU. Man im REALLY starting to feel dizzy from all this AMD marketing spin. They should just fire all their marketing people and focus on making solid performing products again.

inglburt

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Personally I think Thunder just poops out these topics just so he can sit back, have a beer and a doob, and watch all the waves it creates.

spuddyt

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2007

its what all sensible people do, but thunderman is like the local forum joke - he makes patently obviously stupid statements

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Could be, but if thats the case, then the joke is on him.

Amiga500

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007

Was there much difference between Intels 80 core chip and a GP-GPU?

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Thunderman, end yourself.

This won't revolutionize anything, and nothing will change.

AMD is just beginning to become competitive in the multi-core market.

I build and use both Intel and AMD machines. Whoever acts like a dickhead in support of one platform or the other needs to have their junk put in a meatgrinder while they are waterboarded and alternately torched with a flamethrower and exposed to freezing cold water.

The consumer that actually has a brain and uses it supports competition instead of championing one product over the other and acting like a retard over the internet. It seems like such a small population for which the brain isn't a vestigial organ.

**** lamer.

dkory22

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2008
Aren't there going to be 8 core Nehalems pretty later on this year or next year? Those should blow away the AMD chips.

resonance451

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
Oh yeah and Phenom is somewhat backwards compatible with older boards, but only some, and the support is often horrible.

D'oh. New architecture means new hardware. Deal with it.

thunderman

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2007
AMD have already stated that future AM3 processors will be compatible with existing AM2+ motherboards....great backwards compatibility. However with Intel P35,X38,X48 that's the end of the road...so AM2+ users will enjoy the benefits of future CPU technology without the expense of DDR3 and New Motherboards.
The difference between AMD gluing and Intel gluing CPU'S together is that AMD maintains superior Technology while Intel still uses Antient FSB that was left behind by AMD LONG AGO. AMD are the smarter choice! Intel only went native Quad core because AMD have proven it's the right way forward...AMD are the first for most things...Intel copy constantly. Intel piggy pack off of AMDs success....AMD care for customers and that's important and are the real innovators! AMD are the masters and I will always follow them no matter what!

AMD filled a gap in the market with Triple core processing! Triple core is a real Innovation and many are applauding AMD's efforts! Intel have no Triple Core!

Here's a video of Triple core and it's outstanding, really exciting technology!

Blueray performance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V741rSx3-5U

Game performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd0Of4PnpQk

AMD4Life!

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Hmm, so thunderman is still alive. I was sure he would have hung himself by now, unable to cope with the reality of intel's current market superiority.
But I guess he lost his ability to distinguish between real life and the funky-town make belief world that exists only within his crazy little head.

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

The 71st useless post you've made so far on these forums

AMD will design AM3 to be backwards compatible, whether or not motherboard manufacturers implement it is a different story. Same with AM2+ processors working in AM2 mobos or the lack thereof.

and disabling a core is great INNOVASHUN :sarcastic:

dattimr

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
Man, I had seen *TONS* of funny quotes about a guy "named" "Thunderman", but I hadn't figured out what was the big deal. :whistle:

Dude, you are hilarious. I mean it. Seriously. :pt1cable: (no offense)

I'm looking forward to seeing yours posts! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

item4322.bmp