AMD Presents ...

Phelk

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2001
Sanders gives his vision in 10 minutes at..

<A HREF="http:// www.veracast.com/clientaccess/ssb/semiconductor-2001/84206165.cfm " target="_new">http:// www.veracast.com/clientaccess/ssb/semiconductor-2001/84206165.cfm </A>

<font color=blue> The Revolution starts here... as soon as I finish my coffee </font color=blue> :eek: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Phelk on 05/11/01 09:00 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Phelk

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2001
I took some notes for you guys.

R&D - In 2000 AMD spent 700million (13.8% of revenue)

Patents Lodged - for 98/99/00, AMD 560/825/1055, Intel 705,735,797

Flash Memory - 1.5billion in sales for 2000 (double 1999)

PC processor sales - for 2000 2.3billion (1.6 Athlon & Duron), 1.4 in 1999

And now for the good stuff...

Palomino mobile will be annouced on Monday morning (implied at 1.4Ghz).

1.5Ghz desktop Palomino 'early' Q3, 2Ghz around Oct, 2.5Ghz Jun '02.

Hammer family debuts Oct '02 at 3.3Ghz

General comments were that they expect to maintain around 20% of the desktop market share with marginal improvement. They are targeting large growth in the mobile performance & value markets, expecting a 'clean kill'.

<font color=blue> The Revolution starts here... as soon as I finish my coffee </font color=blue> :eek:

G

Not likely. Ahahahaha you honestly expect AMD to follow through??? Trust me they always have a excuse. But well see maybe the monkeys can muster something up.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

HolyGrenade

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2001
Man! I didn't know eating potatoes can give you braindamage!

<font color=red>"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and dispair!"</font color=red>

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Didn't intel spend over a billion dollars. Lets see how R&D tweaked the Northwood p4 out. Itanium cost alot of $$$. Itanium will come out with no bugs in sight. Where the p4 and athlon both have bugs to fix.

The only nice Intel guy.

Phelk

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2001
Please! I simply posted some useful information on AMD, I would have done the same if there was an Intel webcast.

We could do with more information in these boards and less infantile rhetoric. If Rayston stops posting the THG boards will fall apart because of Spud & Co's overwhelming ability to apply stupidity & ignorance instead of intelligence.

<font color=blue> The Revolution starts here... as soon as I finish my coffee </font color=blue> :eek:

G

Wow we are overwhelming you say??? But hey give us some credit I post some really really indept posts when i feel up to it. For example the Microsoft deal i feel very strong in the piracey issue.

SPUDMUFFIN

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

Phelk

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2001
Spud

~ very strong in the piracey issue ~

Your spelling eludes me, was that the Piracy, Privacy, or Pricey issue? Or have you just created a new word to describe MS?

G

Thank you I try especially when I have to take a piss during a post.

SPUDMUFFIN

TRENDING THREADS