AMD Processor Price List

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Don't worry, it's coming. I'm saving up just for this. Naples looks outstanding.

alextheblue

Distinguished

Considering how well Ryzen does with well-threaded applications, I think Naples will be very competitive on both price as well as per-socket performance. They don't need to steal the whole market, either. Their sales in the server market dwindled to nothing over the last several years, so any server share they get is pure growth - and profit margin in this market is a lot better than the consumer side. If they do well enough with Naples it will greatly fund R&D for all their upcoming projects.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Same here, I am more excited with their APU than Ryzen. Integrated graphics is their strength and Intel nor Nvidia can answer to that onslaught. I also don't like discrete graphics on a laptop for the fear of killing the whole system just because of that notorious micro-something of the solder, degrading over time.

vinnie333

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
Would love to see the original LIST PRICE. Next to each of the current prices. So there's a reference point. Would you add that in? It would make this list sooo much more helpful.

iPanda

Reputable
Mar 25, 2015
well, if that doesn't work out Vinnie, you can check camelcamelcamel for amazon price history. but yeah, that is a great idea.

spiketheaardvark

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009

I agree,
Everything I've read about indicates Ryzen seems to have some quirks that seem like odd decisions on AMD's part. But it all makes much more sense when it's all put together into Naples. I've come to the conclusion that Ryzen has always been secondary to the Naples server chips. We all know AMD's R&D is a finite resource. I tink they had two choices. Build a great desktop chip that scales okay into servers and they would probably only gain market into desktops. Build a great server chip that is good enough in desktops and hits an overprice spot in Intel's products and they can gain share in both markets and improve margins along the way.

This is actually what I'll be interested to see. If AMD's Ryzen-based APUs use the Polaris or Vega GPU architecture. I suspect they will use Polaris, but it could go either way. If they do use Vega, then we probably have a while longer to wait before the APUs show up.

jbheller

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Hi,

I have no idea why the APU's are not released yet to the general public.

Mainstream vendors like HP have already released desktop computers using the APU's.

Here is a link to a home system from HP with a an AMD A12-9800 AM4 socket processor.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05281246

And here is a link to a system configurator to a business grade HP system. You can choose a number of AMD APU options. This HP Elite Desk 705 comes in three different case styles. A Mini-PC, a small form factor desktop and a Micro Tower

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/desktops/product-detail.html?oid=10669598

In the USA you can configure it with all sorts of storage and RAM options. In other parts of the world you don't have as many options....basically HP preconfigure a couple of different options and thats all the choice you have.

Regards,

John.

dman1234

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
John I think they were looking for a Ryzen APU , not sure the a12-9800 is one since it was released to the OEMs a while back.

Geezer G

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I have a current build using an AMD FX-8350 with my first ever cross-fire configuration. I'm not a gamer and will only be using it for Photoshop and movies and have no need for this machine, but I don't have one. This was going to be my last personal build, but now I'm not so sure...

That CPU is based on Bristol Ridge, which uses an evolved version of the Bulldozer core architecture that was released several years ago. It has been considerably improved over the years, but it is no match for Ryzen in terms of performance. Unfortunately we will need to wait longer for Ryzen APUs to come out.

cymuambyth

Commendable
May 17, 2016
Although the AMD A10-5750M with FS1r2 Socket is outdated by all the tech guru's, i would like to know how much they cost and, where can i get one. I live in China.

I could have sworn that it will use Vega type gpu cores. According to this: http://www.fudzilla.com/news/notebooks/43680-amd-announces-mobile-ryzen

It will use Vega, but that was just announced today. I made my comment yesterday. I'm glad they opted to use Vega.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-threadripper-epyc-pro-vega,34423.html

Status
Not open for further replies.