AMD R7 240 Blackborder in game only on HDMI

SuperSheep

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hi,

As you can see completely new to this site in the sense of posting but have looked on here before for many of bits of advice i.e. overclocking etc...

I have an AMD Radeon R7 240 graphics card but I'm struggling to get my games to play in full screen on the monitor running HDMI.

I have had 2 monitors for a long time, a 22 inch VGA and 22 inch telly on HDMI, but recently treated myself to 2x 24inch

The scaling was out when I first popped the monitor in but adjusted that in AMD CCC. I have tried with almost every setting in 'My Digital Flat-Panels' checking the box rebooting unchecking the box for 'Enable GPU upscaling', 'use scaling values instead of custom res' etc. I've even tried adding the support for 1920x1080p60 HDTV and maintain aspect ratio, no joy. Restored factory setting set scaling, played around, no joy.

I updated the drivers on the AMD website to version '2014.1120...', still no joy

The weird thing is if is set my main monitor to VGA montior, no issues like a dream apart from i don't get that crisp HD feel

There were no drivers with the monitor's, just a user manual, and i've checked on the website, nothing...

Any ideas guys?

If one of those is a TV, you may need to go into the TVs settings (on the TV), and adjust it to function correctly with a PC. I had to set my TV to "just scan" in one of the settings for it to work correct. I believe it was under the resolution choices, but every TV is different.

D

Deleted member 1416470

Have you looked at the settings in the game for the second screen? Or is there no such thing?

Second: Have a look at the windows settings for the screen.

SuperSheep

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
there not TV's one used to be, but now they are 2 24inch ACER monitors

i've played around in game, no joy, but all is good on the VGA connection

i've checked Windows settings all is fine, all applications open full screen apart from games.

another thing when the games launch (on the hd connection) they throw everything on the second monitor halfway off the screen, it's like the game isn't supporting the scaling