Amd R9 290 Overclock

Narcis_AMD

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017
Hello everyone,this is my first post here,and also my first OC. After 2 hours,testing,stabilizing,playing with Vcore,restarts,shutdowns,I managed to stabilize my GPU with WattMan and MSI afterburner. So,I just want to know if my overclocked core clock is OK and SAFE.

I have 1150 Core Clock,1550 Memory Clock, 1.18 Vcore (Fixed) and the temperature while gaming (Mass Effect Andromeda in this case) 65-69 Celsius Degrees. Stock Cooling(no aftermarket for gpu) and it stays in 100% load ofc while gaming.

I am waiting for answers.

Narcis_AMD

Prominent
Apr 29, 2017

After I played for some hours,my PC will just restart,suddenly. Should I raise the powerlimit up to 50%? Now I am on 1100 core clock and memory 1300(I heard that overclocking memory clock is not very important in my case because it has 512bit)
and -31 mV (this morning I decided to undervolt and overclock step by step) for now,I have no problems.

Oh,and as for PSU I own inWin Commander 850W so,power is not a problem for me.

As an edit,I want to add the fact that for undervolt i succeded -50mV,now I am on stock voltage with 1110 Core clock and 1300 memory clock and the same temperature as above. I gained 8 FPS in Mass Effect Andromeda(maybe less or maybe even more in a different environment) I just want to know the MAXIMUM SAFE VOLTAGE and power limit for overclocking my r9 290 because I would like to go higher. Right now,VRM1 temp 46 Degrees Celsius and VRM2 temp 56 Degrees Celsius. Is it worth the extra 10mhz going from -31 mV to stock voltage ? I am waiting for answers.