[SOLVED] AMD R9 Directx 12: Not listed

Al Winston

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2013
So I'm running my most updated Windows 10 Pro, and in dxdiag I'm only seeing under features 11, nothing as a 12. I can't update it any more. AMD drivers also are fully updated. Anyone know why 12 doesn't show, or has AMD been lying since 2015 about R9 cards supporting directx 12?

Solution
So I'm running my most updated Windows 10 Pro, and in dxdiag I'm only seeing under features 11, nothing as a 12. I can't update it any more. AMD drivers also are fully updated. Anyone know why 12 doesn't show, or has AMD been lying since 2015 about R9 cards supporting directx 12?

It likely only supports some of dx12, a lot has changed with that API since it was released all those years ago.

With dx 12 ultimate not being at all the same as the older versions of dx 12 the software may not recognize the card as having dx 12 ultimate support and thus not being a dx12 card.

It likely only supports some of dx12, a lot has changed with that API since it was released all those years ago.

With dx 12 ultimate not being at all the same as the older versions of dx 12 the software may not recognize the card as having dx 12 ultimate support and thus not being a dx12 card.

Solution