amd radeon 6670 2 gig card is not working with windows 8 anymore

jh79

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I have windows 8 64 bit and everything was working fine up until i tried to install the latest drivers for the card . After doing so I loaded up WoW and it froze about 2 minutes into playing. I had to reboot the pc manually since it stopped responding. I then tired to uninstall the amd catalyst drivers and do a fresh install. Things installed alright but then i had to restart my pc and since then if i boot it with the cable plugged in the independant graphics card it seems to boot but all i get is a black screen. I tried multiple times to reboot , went to bios but couldnt find anything to help there. Now the only way i can get it to boot without the black screen is by shutting off my pc and removing the card and starting it with the onboard card. I then tried to uninstall the amd drivers and do yet another fresh install, but i still get the black screen when i boot the pc up using the independant card. This was working fine 2 days ago so I am confused. I cleaned all the dust out of the pc and the card and still not able to boot up with it. I have tried system restore and it did nothing to fix the problem. I have tried drivesweeper and piriform ccleaner , so far nothing has fixed it. I have windows 8 that came preloaded on my os so i cant even try to do a fresh install of windows 8 as far as i know . Anybody that can help or has a solution it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

jh79

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I am able to go into the bios with the card in or out, that doesnt seem to matter. Just that is is not booting properly when the card is in and the cables plugged in. I have tried 3 cables so I do not think that can be the issue. It was working great 2 days ago.

jh79

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
I can access it with the card in , but as soon as i boot it with the cable plugged into the card it just gives me a black screen. I am not sure how to tell if the card is fried or not by this.

Asmat rehan

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
i have bought this card few months before
i install driver from manufacture website and since then a lot of games were not working then i tried some forums for that and it came into my notice that for some how latest drivers are not supporting by this card and then i tried to install older version for this card and 14.12 version of catalyst control center work for me
since then i am plying batman arkham knight and assassin creed syndicate without any problem at 1024x768 resolution. hope that will solve your problem
sorry for the bad english.