AMD Radeon 6870 HD dual monitors

Fburic95

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Hello

I am running a Radeon 6870 HD graphics card and have 2 VGA monitors, one I am currently running normally with a DVI port adapter and there are no issues. The second monitor is a result of one of my projects, where i turned a laptop screen into a monitor for my PC. So both of my monitors only have VGA slots.

The problem is how can i run them both on my graphics card. I know it is a rather old card but i don't need a new one ( and don't have the cash) but i like the dual monitor configuration. Is there any way to run it without problems?

On the card I got one DVI-I port, one DVI-D port, one HDMI and one DP. I know that one monitor will work on the DVI-I port with the DVI/VGA adapter, so what should i do with the other one?

thank you in advance and sorry for bad spelling, english is not my native language

Zakario

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2012
It should work fine, I have my 24" Viewsonic monitor via VGA and my 42" TV via DVI, no problems. Try selecting the options on your monitor, since I have the exact same card and works like a charm for me.

Fburic95

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Sorry if i explained wrong in the question, both of the monitors are VGA, and one of tham is running normaly on the DVI-I port of the graphics card with the help of one adapter. The second monitor won't run with the adapter because of the DVI-D port on the graphics card ( card has one DVI-I and one DVI-D,and HDMI and DP... )

Fburic95

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

I thought of that, now the question is will the passive conversion from HDMI to VGA work good? i heard that often there are problems with the analog/digital conversion, so that one should buy a active adapter...