AMD Radeon 7400m Switchable Graphics driver problems

The Speaker

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
I recently installed Windows 7 64-bit on my HP G7 laptop with AMD Radeon 7400m series with Switchable graphics. No matter what drivers I use I can't figure out how to make it work. Under Devices it just shows a caution sign on the GPU. Error code 43. I understand it has 2 GPU's (an Intel one also?) but I can't seem to install the drivers correctly. I have been all over the internet and nothing I can find has helped me. Please help me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Uninstall all the drivers. Then install the intel gpu driver first, restart and then install the AMD driver and you should be fine. Do not disable anything, it will kill your laptop.
If you don't have the intel gpu driver, give me your processor model and I will give you the link to download it.

The Speaker

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
I must have used the wrong word "bridge". I have never tried disabling them. I can't get the GPU to work. Whenever I try to run any game it just crashes and says I need to update my drivers. When I check driver for updates it says it's up to date although it still doesn't work.

The Speaker

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
I have used this application before to no avail. I just tried again and it says everything is up to date but I get the same error. Should I delete the drivers or disable anything and then try? I have reinstalled windows multiple times trying different things. Is there a order to install drivers?

BBrent

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
No order doesn't really matter. There should be a button to toggle integrated graphics. Usually by pressing fn + one of the f keys (f1,f2,f3) should be a logo on the keys.

The Speaker

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
It doesn't seem to do anything. I know that my GPU is dynamic not fixed. I don't think you can disable it globally, only per application. Or maybe in BIOS or safe mode or something like that.

BBrent

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure what you mean by fixed and not dynamic? Usually on laptops there's a button to toggle wifi, screen brightness, and to turn on or off integrated Intel graphics to save power.

If not boot into BIOS and see if there are any settings to disable Intel graphics.

The Speaker

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
I will try that but disabling the Intel one shouldn't solve my problem because niether of them work to begin with. I'll get back to you with results and thanks for the help

Rit_86

Distinguished
Uninstall all the drivers. Then install the intel gpu driver first, restart and then install the AMD driver and you should be fine. Do not disable anything, it will kill your laptop.
If you don't have the intel gpu driver, give me your processor model and I will give you the link to download it.

Solution

Adventure_01

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
I have the same problem here,,
Amd radeon HD6470m
Intel hd graphics 3000
Please give me update link..

Auto detect wont give me anything,
After update amd 6470 its turn to 7400, and when i trying to searh new update, 6470 show up.

*sorry my engliah ia bad haha

baxdasarsano

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018

hello I've same problem but I use windows 8.1 before updateing windows both drivers worked fine and now I don't remember how and from where I downladed it and installed it.

Here is the screenshots of my system window, device manager window and my context menu.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hrcQUWzXOyYRsEwS0F_yYnaE8lmCtgg1
If you can please halp me, thanks.