Question AMD Radeon 7750 Card freezes and gives purple squares

Jun 25, 2019
Hello. I have a old PowerEdge T110 II server that I put a AMD Radeon 7750 graphics card in. For the frist month or so it worked great. Now my screen will freeze with purple squares everywhere.
Here is an image link: Image
I usually just restart my PC and it goes fine. But then I lose everything that I've been working on. It happened to me again and right now it's in that state and I have alot of unsaved work.

Any way to recover it?

Jun 25, 2019
Are you running that GPU on the stock PSU that came bundled with the server? The unit is only rated to deliver 305W back when it was brand new. How old is the prebuilt server unit?
I have not changed the PSU that it came with. I do not have an exact date on when the prebuilt server unit was made but I'd guess more than 4 years

Jun 25, 2019
I think I would be able to do but it happens randomly. Sometimes it won't happen for a couple days. Other times it happens about every hour for most of the day. I have not noticed any realtion between the applications in use and the crashes and it's not like it's under a ton of stress either.

TRENDING THREADS