AMD Radeon 7850 Display Issue.

ImCalum

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013
Hi there, Recently I have been having some issues with my PC's AMD Radeon 7850. About 3 days ago I plugged in my PC and the power socket in the back of my PC sparked because the power lead was not connected probably. This has happened before but there was no issues after. I unplugged my PC placed the wire back in probably booted my PC to find my display would not work. So I tried again still no luck, then I placed my HDMI in my motherboards integrated GPU and the display booted fine with all other components working fine apart from my Graphics card still. In Windows 7 I went to the devices page to find my Radeon 7850 had a warning next to it telling me that it was not working correctly even though Windows detected it. So I re-installed my drivers to find that correct that and there was no warning but my display would still not work with my graphics card. After messing with drivers and what not I find that I can not get the card to work still. The cooling fans are spinning fine on the card as-well so its still functional. It maybe a drivers problem since I cant get both my integrated graphics card and my 7850 to be appear to be working in devices page in Windows at the same time. Any help would be appreciated thanks, Calum.

Solution
it can be a problem with the psu if it cannot supply enought power down the 12v line for the pcie 6x power connectors if something is wrong with the psu.

ImCalum

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

Tried that still no luck... The fans on the card do spin.

ImCalum

Honorable
Aug 5, 2013

Unfortunately not all other components are working so I don't think its a problem with the psu.