Article AMD Radeon drivers 5700 XT vs. GeForce RTX 2060

Feb 25, 2020
Hey all -

I recently read this article https://www.tomshardware.com/features/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-vs-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-super

And as a former AMD user, I'm very confused. In the "Drivers" section of this article, the author selects AMD as the "winner" because a user doesn't have to log in.

What about the absolute litany of issues associated with AMD drivers? There are hundreds of threads from NAVI purchasers who are complaining about serious, irrevocable problems with drivers that are causing black screens, repeated crashes and more! And somehow in this article, NVIDIA loses because one has to log into the GeForce Experience platform. Seriously?

One just has to look no further than the AMD subreddit to see the thousands of angry customers who are regretting their purchase.

I feel the above article is seriously misleading when it comes to the health of the drivers, what do you guys think?

I think AMD needs to get their act together on drivers...as a Vega owner I have not had any of the issues that seem to be specific to the 5700 series cards...or really any issues at all with my Vega card...it just works.

It would be a mistake to believe Nvidia doesn't have any driver issues...because they do, but AMD has certianly grabbed the spotlight recently with the 5700 fiasco.

Feb 25, 2020
I think NVIDIA definitely has some driver problems. But not to the point where it's causing their entire community to exist in an uproar. I mean, these NAVI cards shipped for market and even the most hardcore AMD fan admits that the driver process has been less than ideal.