AMD Radeon hd 5830 displayport not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiizawa

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
I am trying to connect a third monitor to my computer but the computer will not even recognize the dp to active dvi is plugged it. There is no sound from windows when you normally plug in a new device. The active dp to dvi I am using is this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200949 This is on the apporved list of adapters. I have catalyst 13.1 windows 64 bit and trying to connect my monitors in this way. monitor 1 dvi monitor 2 hdmi monitor 3 dp to active dvi.

Thank you

Solution
Try unplugging your HDMI or DVI monitor and using the DVI cable you have attached to your adapter by itself. If the DVI cable transmits the signal to that monitor without the adapter, then we'll know you got a bad adapter.

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Also kind of an obvious question, but have you checked to make see the third monitor is enabled Catalyst? Theoretically, it should just automatically go as an extended monitor, but obviously something isn't working right for you.

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Try unplugging your HDMI or DVI monitor and using the DVI cable you have attached to your adapter by itself. If the DVI cable transmits the signal to that monitor without the adapter, then we'll know you got a bad adapter.

Solution

Aiizawa

Honorable
Mar 14, 2013
Seems like it is still not working. Probably a bad adapter then. Thank you I didn't know if it was just the adapter or my card. I will contact the people for the adapter. Thank you for helping me.

Daniel Wilson

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013

I had the same issue using a DisplayPort to DVI adaptor, I uninstalled the 13.1 drivers and rolled back to version 12 (12.6 i believe?) and it works fine!
Seems something about 13.1 isn't quite right...

Status
Not open for further replies.