AMD Radeon HD 7770 2GB issue, the graphics card is not displaying on either monitor of my dual monitor setup

xAstroz

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014
Accidentally put my gaming computer into sleep mode and now I can't get anything to show up on either of my monitors. I tried removing both of my hard drives and booting it from the bios..didn't work, did the same thing with my RAM..didn't work. Not sure what is causing this but its really frustrating as I haven't been able to use my gaming computer for the past few days. I haven't been able to find anything online about this. This has happened to once before but it eventually came back on after a couple hours but its been a few days now and I'm beginning to get worried about the possibility of having to buy a new a graphics card.

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU:
AMD FX-8320 Vishera 8-Core 3.5GHz
RAM:
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB Single DDR3 1866 MT/s (PC3-14900)
Motherboard:
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Graphics:
2GB ASUS HD7770 Series
Monitiors:
SDM-X93 (1280x1024@60Hz)
VA903 SERIES (1280x1024@60Hz)
Storage:
1TB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (HDD)
1TB Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE1T0BW SATA III Internal (SSD)

xAstroz

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014

No its not displaying anything on either monitor and the computer is actually turning on, the lights are on inside the chassis, the fans are spinning on the graphics card and cpu and the case, and the light on the motherboard is on as well. I cleaned the graphics card like you said but it didn't do anything, it's still not displaying anything on either monitor.

lemontea

Honorable
Mar 31, 2015

Make sure your card is not too hot. And maybe you need to change your hdmi cable or try to use dvi (depend what you are using right now) to see where's the problem. Maybe just the cable problem or the hdmi/dvi port problem.
Did you hear any beep sound when you start the computer?

xAstroz

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2014

I tried switching from DVI to HDMI..didn't work, then tried on my HDTV..didn't work. No there's no beeping sound when I try to turn the computer on either. I don't the graphics card is picking up any connections for some reason but I know it turns on because both fans are running on it and the light is on on it.

lemontea

Honorable
Mar 31, 2015
Maybe you can try attach your graphic card to the other board if you have, to make sure the problem is really the graphic card and not your PSU, MB or the other hardware. If the problem really the card and still has replacement warranty or repair warranty you can claim it. BTW there's no MB beeping sound when you start your PC? Beeping sound can detect what is the problem in your PC.

TRENDING THREADS