AMD Radeon hd 7850 2GB problem

Gabriel Muresan

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have bought a pre-builded pc with an Intel i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, and a radeon hd 7850 graphics card....
However I've realised that I was always playing on my dedicated card since the amd one is detected by the system but it's just not working... the fans work tho.
I tryed reinstalling the drivers and so on and it didn't work.
I have to say that if the AMD card is plugged in I can not acces BIOS because the monitor says that it has no power untill the window with WELCOME from windows shows up.
If i unplug the AMD card out of the motherboard, i have no problems with getting in to the BIOS trough the dedicated card inside the motherboard. Any ideas/tips? Sorry if my english got you confused as it is not my mother language

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I think you have your terms mixed up. Dedicated card refers to the HD 7850. Integrated is what you call the on-board graphics.

Have you remembered to move your monitor cable from the integrated video port to the HD 7850's port? As long as the monitor is plugged into the integrated video port, that is the gfx you will be using even if you have a dedicated card in the PCIe X16 slot.

Gabriel Muresan

Reputable
Feb 10, 2015
Yes, I've remembered that. And now, as I am trying to find solutions to fix this problem using the integrated card, my HD 7850 gfx is not powering the monitor anymore and the sounds that the windows welcoming screen makes I can hear.... even tough the fans are still working.
I have also set my bios to PCi first so I can see what happens then restarted and placed the settings back to PCie as my HD 7850 was placed back, whenever I saved and restarted my pc from the BIOS it would be still the same with the monitor not powering up

TRENDING THREADS