AMD Radeon HD 7850 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

norksinc

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
I was looking on the futurmark website which compares graphics cards and it said that the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 was a bit better than the AMD Radeon HD 7850. Is this true or is the AMD Radeon HD 7850 better?

G

pretty sure i was maxed out 1080p 4x aa and i stayed above 25 fps felt smooth to me but its been a while since i had that card,but i dont remember it stuttering i remember it actually feeling really smooth for 25+ fps

G

460 Was a great card especially in SLI.No complaints about that card at all.I had a 7970/7950 crossfire but the drivers were really bad for xfire so i went with a proven card with proven drivers.Im basically going to get better then gtx 580 sli performance for under $400 cant beat that! I was able to purchase a 1300 watt psu with the money i had left over plus im still left with $200 so i made my pc more well rounded.

G

battlefield 3 isnt even close to the most demanding game.That goes to arma 2 but i dont want to get into that its already been covered.You max out arma with your rig you would be lucky to even see 20 fps.Also the gtx 465 was not faster then the gtx 460 atleast out of the box anyways.

G

It is for sure just not on the level of witcher 2 and arma 2.I benched all of them in another thread with a single 7970 and the only 2 games not playable when maxing out all the settings were arma 2 and witcher 2.Metro is deffinetly in the top 5.