AMD Radeon HD 7970 Quad CrossFireX Stomps 3DMark Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derbixrace

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
awesome scores but they will get better with better drivers and when more GPUs are available so they can cherry pick, also you can see that its being CPU bottlenecked on everything except 3Dmark11 Xtreme and Unigine Heaven Extreme.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]deathengine[/nom]Nice, and what i love is how practical this is for the masses.[/citation]

Exactly, these outlying scores only skew the comparisons of people bench marking their usable rig.

G

Yeah, but the main question is still without answer: can it play crysis? :)

realistically what does this matter to anyone in the real world? It doesn't matter at all. No one is going to run an system like this and would be stupid to try and run it like this long term. It is all to say, my system is better then yours. WHO CARES!

Filiprino

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2008
Well, I don't find the reason for doing these things. If they used conventional cooling (air or water) and went for stable 24/7 systems it would be more useful and deserving than just using some LN2 and lots of multimeters on hardware that will end up in the dumpster.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Filiprino[/nom]Well, I don't find the reason for doing these things. If they used conventional cooling (air or water) and went for stable 24/7 systems it would be more useful and deserving than just using some LN2 and lots of multimeters on hardware that will end up in the dumpster.[/citation]

I guess it is like the 100m dash at the Olympics.
Not much use in everyday life, but fun to watch.

G

I wonder how much FPS it would get in BF3 at ultra settings on 3 full HD monitors.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]...and why didn't AMD use their own FX series processor?I wonder...(no, I don't really wonder. I do know why. I'm just being sarcastic.)[/citation]
What's AMD got to do with it? It's ASUS we're talking about here so ...

Status
Not open for further replies.