AMD Radeon HD 8870M keeps crashing/not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

babadook

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Ever since i got my laptop(Dell Inspiron 3737) I've had problems with it's external graphics card, namely the AMD Radeon. When I first got my laptop i had to manualy install all the drivers myself because i did not recieve any from the manufacturer, and the ones I installed never seemed to work. My laptop would have problems running games, even those whose minimum requirments it possessed. Then I noticed that the games I was playing were missing the option to change the graphic card I wanted to use. Meaning the only one available was the integrated Intel HD Graphics Family. Later on out of nowhere it got even worse. The AMD driver would stop working completely. It would crash and recover a bunch of times. At a point it even started blue screening because of it. I formated my laptop, even reinstalled the operating system ( Win 8.1 x64) and tried a bunch...and I mean a bunch of different drivers. And none of them seemed to work. My laptops specs are ( sorry...some of the info might be redundant as I dont really know which specs to include) : Intel Core i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80 GHz 2.40 GHz 8 Gb Ram

babadook

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

Thank you for the fast reply. i have already tried the Amd auto detect tools and it seems to install the same driver I already had. Didn't really help the last time I used it. I will try downloading the update package from the Dell website and let you know if it worked.
Update:
The driver I just installed seems to just make the situation worse. It stops responding to games I could play before.
Is there any other driver that would be compatabile with mine? I failed to mention that I have installed my drivers using the official Dell and AMD websites already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts