AMD Radeon Memory Modules Spotted in Canada, Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Those are horrible timings. 1600mhz @ 11/11/11? I dont even think they make those here. Most 1600 ram kits are 9/9/9 and even go as low as cas7 for performance dimms.

garage1217

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
To the above, was just going to say the same.. those timings are a joke. My XMS 3 is currently running at 1600 with timings if 7 8 7 20 lol

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
It really lacks creativity that they would re-use the Radeon name for the memory. I understand the desire for a familiar and recognizable name for marketing purposes but just slapping AMD on it and coming up with a new name would have been enough. It's quite interesting that they are making it now however. I wonder how competitive they plan to be against the big names and if this will have any effect on prices. One thing is for sure though they need to step up that performance.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Those are horrible timings. 1600mhz @ 11/11/11? I dont even think they make those here. Most 1600 ram kits are 9/9/9 and even go as low as cas7 for performance dimms.[/citation]

Its poor timing for sure (CL9 is about standards) but the real world performance hit will be very very low is 95% of the cases especially on a Sandy Bridge system. Its memory management is superb! If the price is right on those modules there will be a market.

G

If this is true, then the reason why is pretty obvious:

Llano was the first chip ever that is actually memory bound, never before has putting fast memory in a machine actually made a significant difference, previously putting in DDR3 2133 was perhaps 5% faster than DDR3 1333.

They may have aspirations of making uber-memory for their next gen products, rather than relying on memory makers to do it for them, they're taking matters into their own hands.

pewtersbyte

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Huh? This must be a misprint. 1600mhz @11/11/11? Must be the other way around. Even if it was suppose to be 9/9/9, I would hardly call that "ULTRA PRO" settings/timings.

JackNSally

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Its poor timing for sure (CL9 is about standards) but the real world performance hit will be very very low is 95% of the cases especially on a Sandy Bridge system. Its memory management is superb! If the price is right on those modules there will be a market.[/citation]

Doesn't AMD's Llano like fast memory with tight timings? At least for the GPU part? I would consider buying a set if the price is around $20-25.

MrBig55

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
Since I live in Canada I would prefer to buy AMD memory than Kingston which formely was Canadian but is now chinese. Since it was bought by China, their products fell in quality, the warranty is no more lifetime but a mere 2 years old and I got several Kingston memory sticks that had problems (even one stick on a 2-sticks combo that didn't work, this is anormal for any company) or did not even worked the first time it was put into a computer...

lp231

Splendid
ATi fanbois take note!
To get the best out of your CFX setup, you must have AMD branded memory! This will give you a 50% performance boost on all of your games and other programs! Now if you are truly a ATi fan, don't forget our AMD theme case, mouse pad, tissue box, keyboard, and mouse!
Oh, Ruby is not included. :D :p

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]Legendkiller[/nom]You can get Radeon RAM at NCIX.COM http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=62322 for like $10 each[/citation]
Was just going to post that (there's even a review from 10 days ago). I didn't realize you could get 2GB of RAM nowadays for $10. I know everyone loves Newegg here, but I've always been a bit of a NCIX fanboy (and they have a store about a block from my apartment).

G

Kingston is Canadian? wtf u talking about... its american and its always been....

[citation][nom]MrBig55[/nom]Since I live in Canada I would prefer to buy AMD memory than Kingston which formely was Canadian but is now chinese.[/citation]

Kingston Memory global headquarters are located in Fountain Valley, California, USA. The company employs about 4,000 people in different parts of the world.

G

[citation][nom]MrBig55[/nom]Since I live in Canada I would prefer to buy AMD memory than Kingston which formely was Canadian but is now chinese. Since it was bought by China, their products fell in quality, the warranty is no more lifetime but a mere 2 years old and I got several Kingston memory sticks that had problems (even one stick on a 2-sticks combo that didn't work, this is anormal for any company) or did not even worked the first time it was put into a computer...[/citation]

Kingston was and still is American. Where are you pulling your facts from?

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]lp231[/nom]ATi fanbois take note!To get the best out of your CFX setup, you must have AMD branded memory! This will give you a 50% performance boost on all of your games and other programs! Now if you are truly a ATi fan, don't forget our AMD theme case, mouse pad, tissue box, keyboard, and mouse!Oh, Ruby is not included.[/citation]Actually i see it in other way, AMD currently makes CPU/Chipsets/GPUs/Memory ... 1 step closer to actually owning a whole PC system thus making them the Apple of PCs ... You might say Intel has faster better solutions .. well .. intel lacks GPU power.

verbalizer

Distinguished
Hold on.
Read this and I quote " AMD's website reports that the Radeon Memory will come in three flavors: the Enterprise Series, the ULTRA PRO Gaming Series, and the Entertainment Series. The Enterprise version is marked as "to be determined," but the Entertainment version will operate at 1333 MHz with timings of 9-9-9; the ULTRA PRO Gaming version will operate at 1600 MHz with timings of 11-11-11. "

Is that a joke.?
Is this April Fool's Day in August or something.?

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]Only idiots would go for brand name over quality are going to buy those, unfortunately for Radeon most of them are Mac users and don't buy PC hardware...[/citation]
You may be underestimating the average fanboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS